JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking to buy my first pistol for over two years now. Ive known all along that I wanted a revolver but I like to learn as much as possible about the items before spending the money.
I choose the 357 for obvious reasons....great trail gun, great home defense gun, great self defense gun, the option of 38 ammo, etc.

Today I went "shopping" and compared the Ruger, Taurus, and SW. Truthfully I like them all, all of them felt comfortable in my hand. Not one really outshined the other in any one specific category. For me the Lifetime warranty of the Ruger is a huge plus. It was a touch more comfy than the others, it had hogues.

I was in Philomath, for a 4 inch stainless it was 519.00. The gentlemen who helped me was very cool, took time to answer my questions,etc. Unless I find one for a great deal elsewhere this is where I will probably buy from. But is that a good price?

I havent been able to get into Olies, I was in Jims here in Corvallis but he didnt have much, a nice Taurus Titanium for a bit less ina two inch.

I plan to attend the gun show this weekend in Albany and again in two weeks in Polk co.

Any help/advise is appreciated.

Hey SB,

I have a GP100 and love it. To give you some history...I've had Colt Diamondbacks and Pythons. While they are great handguns, I really prefer my Ruger GP100. The $519.00 sounds like it's pretty much in line with today's market. I think I paid $499.00 for mine a little over a year ago. I'd go for it.

A Taurus is listed on this forum for a couple hundred less. I am not going to say that a Taurus is better than a Ruger but I have a Taurus that is pretty similar to the one for sale here and I really like it.

Save $200+ and put it towards a revolver in 22lr so you can afford to shoot more often.

I too have the SP101 and love it. That is one gun I will never part with. I've always liked the GP100 and might one day get one. You can't go wrong with a Ruger!

The GP100 is a tank..............wil eat anything and keep on shootin'. Smith is pricier and not as durable, but has excellent single action accuracy. The Taurus is priced less for a reason. Not quite the quality. My 2 cents...........

Dave

I had a GP and loved it but for carry it was just too big for me. I traded it off for a stainless SP 101 and really appreciate the smaller size and the fixed sights aren't an issue.

GP-100 is an awesome gun...I bought one for my wife because she liked the rosewood inlaid grips. Now I want to shoot it all the time, but I still call it "hers". Paid $450 used 8 months ago. I would think $400-450 is about right used.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top