Ruger GP 100, best prices ???

Reactions
I have been looking to buy my first pistol for over two years now. Ive known all along that I wanted a revolver but I like to learn as much as possible about the items before spending the money.
I choose the 357 for obvious reasons....great trail gun, great home defense gun, great self defense gun, the option of 38 ammo, etc.

Today I went "shopping" and compared the Ruger, Taurus, and SW. Truthfully I like them all, all of them felt comfortable in my hand. Not one really outshined the other in any one specific category. For me the Lifetime warranty of the Ruger is a huge plus. It was a touch more comfy than the others, it had hogues.

I was in Philomath, for a 4 inch stainless it was 519.00. The gentlemen who helped me was very cool, took time to answer my questions,etc. Unless I find one for a great deal elsewhere this is where I will probably buy from. But is that a good price?

I havent been able to get into Olies, I was in Jims here in Corvallis but he didnt have much, a nice Taurus Titanium for a bit less ina two inch.

I plan to attend the gun show this weekend in Albany and again in two weeks in Polk co.

Any help/advise is appreciated.

Reactions
Hey SB,

I have a GP100 and love it. To give you some history...I've had Colt Diamondbacks and Pythons. While they are great handguns, I really prefer my Ruger GP100. The $519.00 sounds like it's pretty much in line with today's market. I think I paid $499.00 for mine a little over a year ago. I'd go for it.

Reactions
A Taurus is listed on this forum for a couple hundred less. I am not going to say that a Taurus is better than a Ruger but I have a Taurus that is pretty similar to the one for sale here and I really like it.

Save $200+ and put it towards a revolver in 22lr so you can afford to shoot more often.

Andy

Reactions
I too have the SP101 and love it. That is one gun I will never part with. I've always liked the GP100 and might one day get one. You can't go wrong with a Ruger!

Gassyman

Reactions
The GP100 is a tank..............wil eat anything and keep on shootin'. Smith is pricier and not as durable, but has excellent single action accuracy. The Taurus is priced less for a reason. Not quite the quality. My 2 cents...........

Dave

Reactions
GP-100 is an awesome gun...I bought one for my wife because she liked the rosewood inlaid grips. Now I want to shoot it all the time, but I still call it "hers". Paid $450 used 8 months ago. I would think $400-450 is about right used.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom