Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger GP 100 6" SS Like New 357 Magnum

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by ETViking, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ETViking

ETViking Keizer OR New Member

SOLD

Here is a Ruger GP 100 revolver in 357 Magnum. 6 inch barrel, in like new condition. I put an Uncle Mike's finger grooved rubber grip on it. Also comes with the original grip. Box and manual come also.This is a personal sale. No trades. I am willing to ship to your FFL outside of Oregon for the US Mail flat rate cost only. This is an excellent handgun! $450 Dave 503-851-5354

2. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

I'd love to have this one, but can't affort it just now... sigh.

Word of warning... you say this is a private sale, that means, most likely, you are NOT a licensed FFL Dealer. Federal law prohobits non-FFL Dealers from shipping handguns via US Mail. Long guns, yes, handguns, no. Must use UPS or FedEx.... and both of their private regs insist all firearms be shipped overnight air. VERY costly.
    Using the USPS for a private party sale (non-FFL) could well get you into serious trouble. Not worth the risk. They get the gun, you get the Crowbar Hotel, or a serious monetary penalty.

3. Andy

Andy Aurora, OR Active Member

Absolutely true. To save shipping costs you could ship it from an FFL, but they will probably have to transfer it.

Andy

4. ETViking

I understand the BS federal regulations. If I ship by USPS it will be mailed by a FFL licensee. I can still do it for the cost of shipping only.

5. ETViking

Still for sale. Would really like to see it go. Any offers for a cash sale?

6. badclam

badclam willapa bay Sunny SW WA Active Member

Ya know,I've shipped more than a few firearms to FFL's all over this great nation via UPS and they never made me ship them overnight.And even if you broke a UPS rule,who cares. Your not breaking any laws. I sent some oysters UPS that leaked.they got a little pissed off but oh well.The other 100 plus times I shipped oysters no problem.
    My point is an FFL will not except an Illegally shipped firearm and I don't believe it is UPS's policy that they have to go overnight.

It's a good gun at a good price and will probably sell soon.

7. ETViking

You are right. It is merely a UPS policy to ship handguns overnight. Although most firearms wholesalers are allowed to ship second day air. Go figure. Long guns can go ground per UPS policy.

Federal regs require an FFL to mail handguns. No restriction on long guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.