JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone had any experience with these worth commenting about? If there is a thread already, feel free to post the link. I just grabbed a couple yesterday at Fisherman's and want to know if I should get more before the sale ends. Wont have a chance to shoot before then.

Thanks. Stay safe.

I got 5 of them. Had a few FTFe as they were breaking in and then they have run perfectly over the last 500 rounds.

Except for yesterday at speed steel, where one of them had the follower jam during the match, because the timer was running and people were watching.

When I stripped them down for cleaning today there was a decent amount of garbage in the mags from shooting about 1k rounds w/o cleaning them. I do like that the BX-25 mags can be stripped for cleaning without damaging them.

H

I have 2 butlers with steel lips and 1 ruger. As said above, the ruger took a few cycles to break in just like the butlers did. Once broken in it has ran as good as it can with bulk ammo. I like the fact that when its time, I can crack it open to clean, unlike the butlers. Needless to say I will only buy the Rugers from now on out....

I have 2 butlers with steel lips and 1 ruger. As said above, the ruger took a few cycles to break in just like the butlers did. Once broken in it has ran as good as it can with bulk ammo. I like the fact that when its time, I can crack it open to clean, unlike the butlers. Needless to say I will only buy the Rugers from now on out....

you should get some plastic safe spray solvent, like MAF cleaner and shoot it into the butlers and then use shop air to blow it out.

I have the Butler Creek ones with the steel lips, great stuff. The best out there.

With all due respect, you can't really say they are "best" unless you have tried the majority of other 10/22 mags on the market. I agree, the Butler Creek steel lip mags were probably the top choice, but that was before Ruger came out with their 25 rounder. The fact that you can disassemble them for cleaning puts them a step above the Butler Creek mags.

You can also use your Butler Creek loader on the Ruger mag. I do and it works fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top