JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ruger Double Action Revolvers Quiz!

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the Ruger Double Action Revolvers. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the near future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them hopefully correctly but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few quiz questions? Please correct my wrong answers!

Note #1. The Ruger's cylinder locks
a) in the front
b) in the rear
c) in the front and the rear

Note #2. The Ruger's double action feels smooth because
a) The trigger only has to push up on the hammer strut (hammer dog) for a single stage pull until the hammer falls
b) After the trigger pushes up on the hammer strut (hammer dog) it gains a mechanical advantage by the trigger continuing to bring the hammer rearward by engaging the hammer itself until the hammer falls

Note #3. in single action, as the hammer is pulled rearward it moves what gun part to cock the gun?
a) The cylinder
b) The hand
c) The trigger
d) The transfer bar

Note #4. If the hammer doesn't actually hit the firing pin, how does the gun fire?
a) The hammer does hit the firing pin to fire the gun
b) The hammer hits the transfer bar to fire the gun
c) The hammer hits the hammer dog to fire the gun
d) None of the above

Note #5. When the trigger is pulled, what part hits the ratchet pads to make the cylinder rotate?
a) The hand (pawl)
b) The trigger itself
c) The transfer bar
d) None of the above

Note #6. What determines how far the cylinder will be rotated?
a) The length of the transfer bar
b) The width of the hand (pawl)
c) The length of the hand (pawl)

Note #7. The length of the hand (pawl) determines when the cylinder will start to rotate. True or false

Note #8. What part prevents the cylinder from rotating freely when the gun is at rest or when it is ready to be fired?
a) The cylinder stop (cylinder latch)
b) The trigger
c) The crane pivot lock plunger
d) The crane latch pivot

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show