Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR RUGER/DAN WESSON .357 MAXIMUM REVOLVER.

Discussion in 'Handguns Wanted' started by DARBY10, Aug 22, 2014.

1. DARBY10

DARBY10 portland Member

Like the title says, I am looking for a revolver in the powerful .357 maximum. Prefer a longer barrel, and in best condition as possible, would love an unfired Dan Wesson in box!! But then I probably wouldn't want to shoot it. So really any condition .357 max would be awesome to add to my arsenal. Willing to pay cash on the spot, and be your best friend.

2. GunBit45

GunBit45 Oregon Active Member

I have a Dan Wesson Pistol Pac model 15-2 with 2 or 2.5", 4", 6" & 8" Barrels, Case, manual, patch, belt buckle.
    barrel wrench and shim. Asking $1,195.00. If interested, call 5zero37540086.

3. DARBY10

DARBY10 portland Member

I am interested, very much. I don't think I am familiar with this model, or "kit", sounds amazing though, and obviously it is in 357 maximum? I am going to do some research online about it, if you have the time to send me some pics of it, that would be awesome, my mobile number is 503-501-8511. I will try to call you tonight, might be tomorrow though, crazy friday before weekend. Thanks so much, Doug

4. GunBit45

GunBit45 Oregon Active Member

The Dan Wesson is a 357 Magnum.
    I never heard of a 357 maximum.

5. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I have a 10.5" barrel .357 Maximum Ruger Blackhawk in my shop at the moment. It has a holster, ammo, and a bunch of brass. My shop is down in Sweet Home. Feel free to message me if you want more info!

6. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

The Maximum is a Magnum Magnum ;-)

Also often known as the SuperMag.

DW made a number of revolvers for .357 and .41 and .44 SuperMag and IIRC a .375 SuperMag too.

Some of these (all?) came with special shrouds to meet weight specs for steel silhouette shooting.

DW414SMag.jpg

For while DW was talking about a revolver in 7-30 Waters, but I don't think it ever went into production. I think it was not long after that DW went belly up.

DARBY10 likes this.
  7. DARBY10

DARBY10 portland Member

Message sent, thanks for contact, am interested

8. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

One of the most accurate revolvers I've ever owned. Shouldn't have let it go.

OP, if you have the cash, you won't regret buying it.

(sorry for the thread crap)

9. Stevie-Mo

Stevie-Mo New Member

Are you still in the market for a Dan Wesson .357 15-2 6"barrel, blued, with original wood grips plus Hogue grips, only six rounds through it in '93. Excellent condition. I'm the original owner interested in selling it.

10. DARBY10

DARBY10 portland Member

I am interested, yes, as long as it is the 357 maximum, or also called the super magnum.

11. Stevie-Mo

Stevie-Mo New Member

Ahhh. Roger that. This is the only the magnun ctg

12. Stevie-Mo

Stevie-Mo New Member

*magnum

13. DARBY10

DARBY10 portland Member

Sounds like a sweet rig, wish I was in the market for one. Set on finding on of the supermags, really hard to find, at least local, see a few on gunbroker for way too much. Hoping for an unfired in box type deal. Thanks again for responding.