JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had some good customer service with Ruger, and figured i'd post about it.

Called because one of their 10rd mags only fit 9rd's.
They sent me a new mag and let me keep the original.

Next, I was looking to get a set of barrel plug screws. Online showed $3.95 for the kit and $6 for shipping.
So, I called to ask if they would lower the shipping cost. They said don't worry about it, we'll ship it to you free of charge.
Figured might as well pay em back and asked if I could get a 5rd mag added to the order that i'd pay for. Guy puts me on hold and comes back saying everything will be shipped free of charge...including the mag.

Two thumbs way up.

I've only dealt with Ruger's Customer Service one time, long ago. (I've owned a lot of Rugers)
It was a timing problem with a New Model Blackhawk I bought second hand. Didn't cost me a dime and was handled quickly.
Awesome company to deal with.:s0090:

Very much unlike Kimber. I had to pay to send a rifle back that my wife bought new for me. Then it was sent back with the problem not fixed properly.

I'll throw in that I've never dealt with Ruger's customer service department!
Because Ruger's are so well made and designed that I've never had one break! I've got several Ruger's and always will.:)

I had a Ruger Blackhawk that the ejector housing came
off and I was going to return it for repair. They had to
solder it back on and reblue the barrel. I had then
carelessly dropped the pistol on a concrete floor and destroyed
the rear sight. Clearly my fault. So when I returned it
I included a check for a new rear sight priced from the
owner's manual. I thought they might install the sight
for free? They promptly returned the pistol, it was refinished
like new, new sight and they returned my check! IMHO
Ruger warranty is second to none.:)

OK so here is another somewhat embarrassing Ruger story.
I was a young 20 something not knowing much about guns.
I had a 22 Mark 1 pistol that I totally screwed up the barrel
by reversing a cleaning brush in the barrel. It was scratched
up pretty bad. I returned it to Ruger asking for a price to
install a new barrel. I was most pleasantly surprised when
it was returned with a new barrel no charge!
Clearly my fault.

Bill Ruger would smile with pride. A truly cream of the crop American company and with awesome products too. Two of my wives favorite guns are her 10/22 and a Mark II 22 pistol. the Glock 19 I gave her as gift when our daughter was born, she shuns, says "it's too intimidating" but the wood furniture on both Rugers, she favors and puts way more mileage on them, every chance she gets.

Was working on a friend's gun that he had taken apart and lost a spring and some other small parts. Called them and told them what was missing and that he had lost them taking it apart - all they asked for was the SN off the gun and said they would do the work or ship the parts all free of charge. Great customer service!

I just talked to Ruger yesterday and will be sending a rifle back for some minor repairs. They asked a couple questions and then sent me a shipping label. A good company to deal with.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top