JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are your glock "fun sticks a little tight?

Mine are so I wondered if that was normal with others pc9's
In Mine so far the only thing I have tried is Glock, they are of several different Gen's as they have been bought over many years. They fit very loose. So much so that when I first got the rifle it worried me. I tried to get it to jam first several trips to range by holding it different ways and even holding the mags. It fed both ball and HP no matter what. I have read that there is a simple fix to get some of that slop out. Since mine so far just does not jam never bothered to look.

I've no quarrel with 10 mm ammo, except expense and availability.

That's why I have a 9mm carbine, low cost and available everywhere ammo that'll get the job done.

When the PCC market started to really explode the 9mm was always the first. For just that reason I suspect, cost. I have one in .45 and 10mm now. Love them too. The 10mm has seen a real increase last many years which helped a lot. As more demand the ammo goes down, but it of course is still more. Made a brass catcher for my 10mm for just that reason. Did not want to lose any of that brass. If Ruger comes out with these in .45 and or 10mm I will have to have each!

In Mine so far the only thing I have tried is Glock, they are of several different Gen's as they have been bought over many years. They fit very loose. So much so that when I first got the rifle it worried me. I tried to get it to jam first several trips to range by holding it different ways and even holding the mags. It fed both ball and HP no matter what. I have read that there is a simple fix to get some of that slop out. Since mine so far just does not jam never bothered to look.
I just purchased my first group of glock 33's. Gen 4, they're extremely tight in the ruger but drop fine in my gen 2 model 19.

I suppose that means they need a fair amount of breaking in. :D my 9mm supplies were doing good until I bought this darned thing. Time to replenish stock:p.

The magazine thing is a non issue in my eyes.

I've ran these thus far through mine with no issues as far as feeding and firing. Fitment isn't much of an issue with me as this gun is a grab and yank style anyways. So what if they don't drop free.

Glock 17 factory, of various years and generations.
Glock 17 factory neutered mags, (10 rounders).
Glock 19 factory, of various years and generations.
Glock 19 factory neutered mags, (10 rounders).
Glock 18 factory happy sticks.
KCI 17 rounders.
Magpul G17 17 rounders.
Magpul G19 15 rounders.
Magpul G21 rounders.
KCI happy sticks.
ETS happy sticks.
ETS G17 17 rounders.

So what if they don't drop free.

I discovered in my first batch of Glock mags, that 2 of them actually swelled enough when loaded, that they WOULDN'T GO INTO the mag well. I discovered 1 or 2 that were so tight IN the well they didn't like to be removed, even with significant effort to do such.

In match use, that is unacceptable. I have heard there may be other situations in which such fail is an issue as well.

Happily, upon repair by my LGS and replacement with the latest style mag, all is working fine now.....except the depletion rate of the ammo stash.

I discovered in my first batch of Glock mags, that 2 of them actually swelled enough when loaded, that they WOULDN'T GO INTO the mag well. I discovered 1 or 2 that were so tight IN the well they didn't like to be removed, even with significant effort to do such.

In match use, that is unacceptable. I have heard there may be other situations in which such fail is an issue as well.

Happily, upon repair by my LGS and replacement with the latest style mag, all is working fine now.....except the depletion rate of the ammo stash.
Factory Glock mags?

Ya that's no good if factory Glock. I'd be writing Glock really quickly if that were the case.

I've yet had any of mine not want to go into the gun, where I've had to apply force or anything.

Some of mine won't drop out on their own, but that's about it.

For competitive use, wouldn't you screen your mags before anyways?

For competitive use, wouldn't you screen your mags before anyways?
That was the case with 'most' of the ones I gathered. They performed so well I was lazier late in the match & tried the unknowns, as, well, dammit, "they're GLOCK mags"....

The surprise and potential larger issue reintroduced me to what I'd forgotten about different Glock gen mags, from my earlier Glock pistol days. There was a period of time when the mags were designed to NOT fall free. And who would have predicted an era when Ruger tolerances would enter the scene anyway?

"Vigilance" requires prep and attention to details.

I just purchased my first group of glock 33's. Gen 4, they're extremely tight in the ruger but drop fine in my gen 2 model 19.

I suppose that means they need a fair amount of breaking in. :D my 9mm supplies were doing good until I bought this darned thing. Time to replenish stock:p.
LOL, oh yeah, soon as I started taking my at the time new Ruger out I had to order a couple more cases of ammo. They can really burn it up when you start having fun :)

Dang you guys are really making me want one of these......
If it helps the supply line is full now so price has pretty much bottomed out. Just looked here locally and they are now under $475 out the door using Davidson's. Ruger just did so many things right with these. When I bought mine I finally pulled the trigger on one at $525 with me paying shipping, transfer, and tax on top of that. It was still worth it to me as it's the best money I have spent in recent memory. It is just a damn fun little rifle and even Wife who is so very recoil sensitive will shoot this one and have fun. :)

20200106_174824.jpg
20200106_174912.jpg
Update on my Ruger PC9, I still love it. Definitely my favorite gun after owning it over a year. I rattle canned the stock and today received the Tandemkross front sight upgrade and put it on. Everyone that shoots it is amazed at the accuracy and fun factor.

View attachment 647644
View attachment 647645
Update on my Ruger PC9, I still love it. Definitely my favorite gun after owning it over a year. I rattle canned the stock and today received the Tandemkross front sight upgrade and put it on. Everyone that shoots it is amazed at the accuracy and fun factor.

Feel the same about mine after over a year, still love it. The AR pistol I built with a Brace is fast catching up for the fun factor but the little carbine is still a ton of fun to play with and keeps me buying a lot of 9mm ammo:D

As an update after taking a look at these at a few places it looks like they have actually gone up in price too. The base, cheapest model they have seems to be going for what I paid for mine to lay hands on one now even though there is no shortage of them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top