JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site here.

I'm looking at adding a Blackhawk flat top .357 serial 15xx about 90-93% condition I know it's very early but not sure exact year and not sure of its worth. Online I see anywheres from $500 up. My buddy is selling it to me reluctantly, so he says I have to buy one of his other guns in order to get the blackhawk, maybe someone knows about their value too.
Winchester model 61 .22 -90% condition
Winchester model 12 - 12ga. -95% condition
Savage Fox model b-st .410 double barrel - unfired -99% condition

All were his dads and never had any work done. All in great condition especially the Savage.

Can someone shed some light on the worth of these especially the Ruger?

Thanks.

4 5/8 on the barrel. The grips are the black ones.
Model 61 is a .22 cal. I didn't look very close at it yet. I was focused on the ruger and savage.
What should I look for on the 61?

Here is what he is asking:
The Model 61 is a .22 cal. Asking $700
Model 12 is a 12 ga. asking $800
Savage Fox is unfired and in very like new condition. asking $900
Blackhawk I confirmed with Ruger is a Dec. 1955 date. He'll give it to me at $500 if I buy one of the other guns.
Besides the blackhawk, I'm finding he is asking top $ for the others.

Go to a gun store and borrow their gun blue book or buy one. That will give you the best information. Maybe even have then evaluated for condition and price. Then you and he both have a fair and knowledgeable starting point.

Thanks for the info fellas. I went to a local gun store and the Savage did book out between $900-1300. The others were right in there with his pricing too.
I'm gonna go with buying all of them over time. He's going to let me pick them off as I can do it.

Another coworker overheard us talking and he is offering me all his old guns too. This is great!! So far he has a Marling Golden 39A .22 S,L & LR Micro Groove Serial U, so 1960-61. 98% condition but has a scope. Does the scope take from the value? What yall think it's worth, fair price. He wants me to offer.

Scope certainly does not detract from the value of a 39A from 1960 (they were drilled for a scope). If it is a "Marlin" scope, it could actually add ALOT to the value (if in good condition, of course). Nice older 39A's will bring $300-450. Ones showing normal usage, perhaps a bit less. You may be interested to know that the Marlin 39A was considered possibly the most accurate sporting .22 available for a lot of years, perhaps partially due to the barrel diameter (which is somewhat fatter than most sporter bolt .22's of the same era). Marlin fans might assign the advantage partially to the Micro-Groove rifling. The guns will digest shorts, longs, and long rifle cartridges (even a mixed magazine) flawlessly, and loaded with shorts, the shooter can improve upon the phrase "load it on Sunday, shoot it all week" to the point of very nearly "shooting it all month".

Here is what he is asking:
The Model 61 is a .22 cal. Asking $700
Model 12 is a 12 ga. asking $800
Savage Fox is unfired and in very like new condition. asking $900
Blackhawk I confirmed with Ruger is a Dec. 1955 date. He'll give it to me at $500 if I buy one of the other guns.
Besides the blackhawk, I'm finding he is asking top $ for the others.

The model 61,no idea
The model 12 is WAY high,very common gun. $300-$350?
The Savage was as ubiquitous as the model 12,so not worth much more.
*UNLESS you are in a hurry and the money is burning a hole in your pocket*
You can find ,even the blackhawks,for much less than $500 I wouldn't give more than 3 and a half for it.

Your friend is wanting to make a killing on YOU it seems to me.

(most of these guns (can't speak for the S&W) were a regular in some folks arsenal.... ubiquitous )

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top