JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi Wertfarmer,
I can help you, but why are you changing out the firering pin?
PM me if you like,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

I am having some miss fires with some ammunition. They appear to be due to light strikes. what I was able to discern was that Remington head stamp brass seemed to have a slightly deeper primer pocket than some other brands. I took some of this ammo and tryed it in my wifes Rossi snub nose with no problems. also some was 38 special, so I ran it through my cimmaron with no issues. I wondered what was up, and on further inspection I discovered that the firing pin on the Blackhawk was not protruding through in the fired position as far as the other revolvers. This Blackhawk belonged to an elderly family friend whom I purchased it recently from. According to the serial number, I have discerned that I believe it is a 1966 model year. Walt (our friend) told me he had sent it in for the transfer bar safety update. The revolver looks almost new and I am sure he shot it very little. Have you ever heard of any one having these kind of problems before? I ordered a firing pin that was listed for a new model from Numerch (spelling) thinking that perhaps it was slightly longer? In some of my research I found somewhere that the old model was designed to fire partially from inershia? I do not know if this is true, but I thought that perhaps the transfer bar upgrade would interfere with this process? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You :)

are u sure the transfer bar is rising? they are famous for breaking/not working right.Which is why most folks willnot send in for the so-called 'upgrade' I guess you'd call it.
when u cock the hammer you should be able to see it rise into place over the firing pin so that it can be struck by the hammer.

are u sure the transfer bar is rising? they are famous for breaking/not working right.Which is why most folks willnot send in for the so-called 'upgrade' I guess you'd call it.
when u cock the hammer you should be able to see it rise into place over the firing pin so that it can be struck by the hammer.

Yes, I can see it move into place,

It wouldn't fire at all then would it? It shoots most ammo fine seems to be Remington head stamp it doesn't like. I can feel a difference in the primer when I run my finger over them. But when I look sideways between the cylindar and frame I can see the firing pin alright (with the trigger held back and hammer down, in the fired position) but it doesn't protrude through as far as my other revolvers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top