JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to get into another revolver, have an opportunity to get a blackhawk .41 mag. 6.5" barrel for about $380. Seems like a good price? Seller says it's 1970-71. Has a fair amount of holster wear. Anyone want to add some info on these? Is it worth picking up?
0BCC0CB9-F942-47D1-9C0A-A8C511082F91.jpeg 771DF2E3-D36F-4001-92B0-B650309AC4BE.jpeg A16D9B8F-7891-468C-A7FA-7602BF0B7DBF.jpeg

I picked up a 44mag NM Blackhawk in 44 mag awhile back for $325. It had only 12rds fired through it. I thought that was a very good price. The one you are looking at is more desirable due to the fact it is a 3 screw and in 41 mag. Even with some honest wear I think that price is more than fair. It is even more valuable if the transfer bar safety update hasn't been done.

Last Edited:
Maybe some collectable value but in the condition it is in, should you want to re-blue it; I'd pass it up. Looks like a lot of hard wear. Myself, I would not buy it. Maybe by the time your shore it up you could buy a much newer model or new model. Does not look like it was cared for.

If you know what to look for you can tell if it has the transfer bar
update by Ruger. I think they also stamped an R on the frame under the grip when they did the update.

I would not reblue this as it has collectable value. If it were in 95% + condition without tranfer bar update it would be worth $800 plus. This one maybe $500-600.

$380 is a whale of a deal on a three screw uncoverted 41. Finish wear does not mean mechanical wear. Only a very faint drag line on the cylinder from the bolt so the owner apparently knows how to properly load and handle a Colt style 4 click action like this Ruger has. I'd buy it in a heart beat.

It is well worth the investment. 41 magnum.ammo is pricey, if you plan on shooting it alot plan on reloading for it.
I had the same gun and gave it along with a 44 magnum and gave them to my oldest son. I had the 357 with the 9mm cylinder that i gave to.my 2nd son.
I did buy 5 1/2" 41 magnum Redhawk.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top