JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been doing some research as I am interested in purchasing a 3 screw Blackhawk and I have found one but it had been sent in for the conversion at some point. Is there a way to remove the transfer bar safety and restore it to the original action? And how much does this effect the value?

Yes they can be converted back. It is strictly parts replacement, no modifications to the gun itself. Best if you get the parts with the gun, but if not they can be purchased. Ruger returns the old parts with the gun when they send it back updated. As long as you have the parts it is a minimal effect on value. If you don't have the parts it will lower the value to a collector somewhat, but to someone who just wants to shoot it it may not.

If you are a Collector, I'd pass if it doesn't have the original parts, but if you are a Shooter, then the transfer bar actually makes it safer to shoot. Good Luck.

Yes they can be converted back. It is strictly parts replacement, no modifications to the gun itself. Best if you get the parts with the gun, but if not they can be purchased. Ruger returns the old parts with the gun when they send it back updated. As long as you have the parts it is a minimal effect on value. If you don't have the parts it will lower the value to a collector somewhat, but to someone who just wants to shoot it it may not.

If the original parts do not come with it, where can I purchase them? Ebay? Guntrader?

If the original parts don't come with it, you can find them at some of the Parts places, but they MAY require a lot of fitting. That could increase the price a fair amount, even if you can fit them yourself. Used parts can be something of a crap shoot.

titsonright: You were on my Ignor List early on. Now you are back on the List for your smart remarks. You're just too stupid to know when to quit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top