JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want a free float handguard, you might need to get a low profile gas block.
More so, what type of gas tube and length of barrel.

I think most carbines use 7" handguards

Thank you...Thats what I needed to know.
I'm trying to keep it as light as possible so was thinking the aluminum low profile gas block but do you think I should go with stainless steel instead?

If it's the AR5.56 it is .750... Ive switched GBs on one before...
If it's anything like mine, the barrel nut will be VERY difficult to remove...You will need to heat it up with a propane torch to release the lock tight they put on the threads... it's some STRONG stuff!
I'd also go with steel lo-Pro gas block, and if possible have the barrel dimpled.
Definitely red loc-tite the gasblock set screws. Only place loc-tite belongs on an AR;)

Im looking at a low profile .750 aluminum gas block but dont know what size the barrel is...
.875 and .950 sizes are available so there is my problem.... WHICH to use/buy...

Thank you...Thats what I needed to know.
I'm trying to keep it as light as possible so was thinking the aluminum low profile gas block but do you think I should go with stainless steel instead?

Don't use aluminum gas blocks.
Understanding the AR-15 Gas System

Last Edited:
I've cut off the delta ring and spring on an AR once without touching the barrel nut. Be it the rail you install has to use standard AR barrel nuts. It can be done. You can also dremel the front sight block to make a low profile gas block so you retain the pins, vs a bolt on or clamp on block.

1566013571303.jpeg
1566013597593.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews