JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am I the only one wondering why they don't do one in .480 Ruger? I think would be a bad-bubblegum thumper.
460 S&W outperforms it and they would definitely not want to promote that.
First though, they have to bring back the entire original product line as they promised at the front end of this takeover.

If this was a blued/parked/nitrided gun with a small loop and threaded barrel, I'd be in line. Swing and a miss, Ruger. Seems the president/CEO/whatever is out of touch
Agreed. The rifle they are starting out with is a niche rifle. A "Guide Gun" popular in Alaska. A large loop for use with gloved hands, and stainless. The 45-70 lever gun is not pleasant to shoot for most folks, so it's market is pretty slim. Great as a back up gun against big nasty critters and handy to pack around, but that's it.

An old friend who guides elk hunters in Wyoming has one he packs in a saddle scabbard, and I've shot that. Honestly, I've never seen another one in the field or at the gun club.

Last Edited:
The Guide Gun is a neat rifle for sure...and I am glad to see it back.
With that said....

I would have rather seen a return of the 336 and 39M , in blued steel with a real wood stock ( not laminate ).
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top