JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the American 22lr. Not sure they call them predators? Put a Boyds on it. I really like it. Its a hoot to shoot and very accurate.

IMG_0244_zpsujdgk3yu.jpg

Yeah, methinks two different rifle lines have had a name-smash. Are you talking a Ruger Predator, or a Ruger American Rifle (aka RAR)?

I have a RAR in .308 and it'll do sub-MOA shot-groups... love the HELL out of it.

As for the .22LR line... I just roll with Ruger 10/22's.

all of the RAR's are fun great shooters... and pretty accurate as well, the Predator version is a limited distributor version in three chamberings. as far as i can tell there have been 1000 of each chamberings manufactured,( model # 8334, 8335, and 8336) with the factory heavy barrel they are even more accurate than most. oh yes and they come with a green polymer stock. by the way Boyd's makes some nice stocks... the nickname Predator is because they look just like the large bore rifle that Ruger makes...and since it is a Dist. Special the dist. that ordered them get to call them what they will... name mishmash ? maybe ... but they look just like their larger cousins...and the folks at RimFireCentral have called it the predator for some time. and here is the Ruger link for the spec sheet.

Last Edited:
I have one just like the link you posted and no where is it called a Predator? Also no satin blue or at least what I would call satin... It was a distributor exclusive though. Mt dealer tried to get more but could not. Sweet little gun need to get it scoped and get it out.

If it helps, I believe the rifle you are referring to was a distributor exclusive with Sports South. It looked cool and I have enjoyed all the Ruger American rimfires...

it looks excatly like its larger cousin and Whittaker's calls it the Predator. quibbling over the name is NOT why i posted the OP. it is what it is... i am interested in its accuracy and fun shooting... ! thanks ( not a rant )....

Was just asking :eek: and no QUIBLING........on my end was just asking as mine came as a Ruger American.

Those posts work for your proof, Lance? ;)

Ruger has so many distributor exclusives that it's hard to keep up. I do most my ordering from sports south and I hadn't seen this one until it was mentioned here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top