JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I broke down and got one of these at Bob's in Longview two weeks ago and just took it out to range it this last Sunday. The rifle itself was $369. With Tasco 3x9x40, sling, and Harris bipod the end price was just over $440 with tax.

Positives:
Once I had the sights in using Federal 168gr. I switched to Remington 180gr. and at 100 yards I was very pleasantly surprised at my four shot groups for a "starter" rifle. Passed the quarter test.

At 100 yards this rifle shoots 1 MOA. After a coffee break and switching to the Remington ammo (which gave the barrel time to cool off from my sight in) my first shot was spot on at 100 yards. That's all I was really looking for in terms of deer/elk.

Negatives:
I honestly don't like the action on the bolt. It's a bit sticky for my taste, but it's also brand new, so there is that. I am also not a huge fan of this "floating" foregrip-area on the synthetic stock...or the stock itself for that matter.

Still, all in all, if you're looking for an economy starter rifle in a .308 this should be in your top three to take a look at.

I do, both are much more eloquent that I am :)

I get American Rifleman with my NRA membership. It's been a while since I've been out to G&A. Based on that review I favorite'd that, so thanks for the reminder :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top