JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a 300 BO and I am curious if anyone here had swapped stocks on them as the stock stock seems flimsy. Also, FDE looks too much like poop from patients with liver disease to me. So, I was thinking wood or a nice stiff synthetic would be superior. Yes it is nitpicking but if I am going to mount scope and silencer to something I want it to feel and look decent.

Boyds stocks have worked out pretty well for me. Some minor hand fitting has been required on each of them, but I don't think any of them took more than maybe 15 minutes to get done. I've only bought the laminated stocks so far, but a number of their designs can be had in Walnut with your choice of grade and finish.

I like the idea of swapping the stock out to a Boyd's stock - the baby doo doo color just isn't my thing, plus I like me some wood ;) (Yeah, I know where that will end up :rolleyes:). That would make 2 guns that need Boyd's stocks for me.

I'd like to. But the newest ones that take AR15 mags won't work with the Boyd's stock. They only make them for the prior rendering with the ruger rotary mags.

I'd like to. But the newest ones that take AR15 mags won't work with the Boyd's stock. They only make them for the prior rendering with the ruger rotary mags.
Not so fast brother, if you call Boyds and ask, they can usually accommodate changes, and something this slick should get them to commit! I had them customize a 1903 stock for me, one they offerd for others especially the Mauser 98, they told me no problem and it shipped the next week! Give them a call and ask!:)

Last Edited:
Not so fast brother, if you call Boyds and ask, they can usually accommodate changes, and something this slick should get them to commit! I had them customize a 1903 stock for me, one they offerd for others especially the Mauser 98, they told me no problem and it shipped the next week! Give them a call and ask!:)

After I get the Ranch I'm going to do just that!! Thanks brother.

I sent Boyds an email asking specifically if they are planning to offer the stock options for the AR mag rifles, and if they can accommodate the requests, so we will see what they say!

I also messaged Alex Sitman at Masterclass stocks, and he said no problem at all for any rifle, though he may need the rifle if you want it inletted and clerenced for the mag well and any other bottom accessories, he is about the same cost as Boyds, and in my opinion ( and depending on what you want) a better stock with more tuning options! They are about a 3 week turn around right now, which is pretty good for what your getting, so have a look and see what ya think, I am running 3 of his stocks right now, and absolutely LOVE them! I'm running the heavy F-2 Prone 3/4toe that I have trimmed the forend down on to make a better Varmint type rifle and stock combo! Just note, his options can really trick out a stock and get very expensive, but for thay type of stock, there are few that can compare! :D