JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did anyone get one of these last week at Bimart for $299. It sure was tempting. I am hoping that they run a similar sale in the near future before Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if they started showing up for sale in the classified ads soon.

Why support Bi Mart?

Their policies infringe on my son's Second Amendment rights.

"As part of the national debate on gun sales, Bi-Mart and Cascade Farm and Outdoor stores, a division of Bi-Mart, issued a statement clarifying the company's policy with three key elements.

1. Bi-Mart has always carried a mix of merchandise that supported the shooting sports and hunting community and will continue to do so.
  2. Bi-Mart has never stocked or sold AK or AR platform rifles or bump-stocks and nor high-capacity magazines for these firearms and will not stock them in the future.
  3. While emphasizing that Bi-Mart's policies for firearm sales meet or exceed all Federal and State laws where they operate and currently follow all government age restrictions., the release says Bi-Mart believes increasing the minimum age for purchase of firearms to age 21 "is a step in the right direction," and announces that they will now only sell guns and ammunition to those 21 or older that meet state and federal requirements for purchasing firearms."

A step in the right direction? Which direction would that be?

P

It's easier to pick your battles when one place is saving you money.

edited...

And subsequent posts have borne out, we all have our own criteria for picking our battles. I may not agree, but I also should not be critical, any more than folks could be critical of me buying Chi-Com goods or Cuban cigars.

Last Edited:
Strange how this post turned into a Bimart bashing post. I wonder who else Pharmseller is boycotting and for what reasons. Does he buy products from China or buy from stores that have a majority of items from Communist countries? Does he stay away from all the companies that have dropped NRA deals? Does he buy products produced in New York or California as they have very restrictive gun laws? I have never heard of a pro-gun pharmaceutical company yet his forum name suggests that he is happy to shill for those companies to earn a living. Oh well, you have to do what what you think is best.

I have no problems with Bi-Mart and my principles are just fine. If they have something I need there, I'll buy it, if not I'll go elsewhere. Principles are a funny thing... sometimes they get in the way of common sense and clear thinking. It is clear though that one principle does not fit all. When you stand on principle, sometimes you just have a down trodden principle.

Mike

Those were a loss leader for Bi-mMart a couple weeks ago, not last week. I know the wholesalers are loaded up with inventory and blowing a lot of it out pretty cheaply, but right before Christmas is a tough time to move guns in this largely cash setting. While the wholesalers were having a good deal on those, $299.99 is below cost.

Strange how this post turned into a Bimart bashing post. I wonder who else Pharmseller is boycotting and for what reasons. Does he buy products from China or buy from stores that have a majority of items from Communist countries? Does he stay away from all the companies that have dropped NRA deals? Does he buy products produced in New York or California as they have very restrictive gun laws? I have never heard of a pro-gun pharmaceutical company yet his forum name suggests that he is happy to shill for those companies to earn a living. Oh well, you have to do what what you think is best.

You do a lot of wondering. Why don't you just ask him instead of coming at it all oblique-like?

(I know that's not a word, it's just that obliquely looks funny.)

P the Shill (although I prefer Paid Spokesman or, failing that, Soulless Pill Pusher)

trainn.jpg

btw wallyworld did the same thing. yet I still shop there cause I'm not going to drive 50 miles out of my way to shop for groceries elsewhere.

back on topic: we don't have bi-mart here in the woods. so nope didn't take advantage of the sale. looks like decent sale though.

I'd probably rather have a Ruger precision rifle in 6.5 though. Just cause adjustable stock and more ergonomic.

I've bought gun related stuff most of my life from Bimart. In my 60's that's not likely to change. Primers on sale and I can buy 10,000 at a time with no shipping or hazmat, works for me.

View attachment 529874

btw wallyworld did the same thing. yet I still shop there cause I'm not going to drive 50 miles out of my way to shop for groceries elsewhere.

back on topic: we don't have bi-mart here in the woods. so nope didn't take advantage of the sale. looks like decent sale though.

I'd probably rather have a Ruger precision rifle in 6.5 though. Just cause adjustable stock and more ergonomic.

Yep, it was a derailment. Looked like a hell of a good deal on that rifle. I still buy at Bi-mart because it's the only sporting goods store in town.. Well, there is big 5 too, but I wouldn't call that a good place to buy stuff from. Where to draw the line I guess. Get bent over the barrel there or get a good deal at Bi-mart? Tough decision... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top