JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Supposedly, Jeff Quinn will not release a review if he doesn't like the firearm, so one could extrapolate from that statement, that any firearm he doesn't review is bad and should be avoided.

Don't do click bait. Did it break or something?

It didn't break - but the design of the beavertail on this gun appears to suck more than a Dyson Sphere. They had 5 shooters try it and all 5 found the tang to be uncomfortable to shoot - the rear of the gun is very squared off and the edges dig into the base thumb knuckle while shooting. One fellow actually had an indentation left by the gun on his knuckle from a short string of fire.

Also - the gun weighs more unloaded than a loaded Glock. 31 ounces for a polymer gun is pretty ludicrous. It actually has a stated empty weight less than my all metal CZ P-01 - the P-01 has an empty weight of 28 ounces.

Overall - this gun does nothing better than existing guns, including guns that sell for $100+ less, and has enough drawbacks to make it unattractive. Really sad, because Ruger has been upping their game of late and generally makes a rugged, workhorse of a gun that almost anyone can use. I have no doubt that the American pistol will be reliable and take lots of abuse should one be inclined to abuse it, but it doesn't look like a winner in the ergonomics standpoint.

Dealer cost is under the well under the $400 mark...
Pretty soon you will see them for sale right around $400

Its a Ruger "Made in America"...People are going to eat that up!
I think its a great step for Ruger. I got to handle one the other day, have not shot it yet. But the feel was decent. Internal parts are ohhh so very similar to allot of what on the market today.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=534995917

It didn't break - but the design of the beavertail on this gun appears to suck more than a Dyson Sphere. They had 5 shooters try it and all 5 found the tang to be uncomfortable to shoot - the rear of the gun is very squared off and the edges dig into the base thumb knuckle while shooting. One fellow actually had an indentation left by the gun on his knuckle from a short string of fire.

Also - the gun weighs more unloaded than a loaded Glock. 31 ounces for a polymer gun is pretty ludicrous. It actually has a stated empty weight less than my all metal CZ P-01 - the P-01 has an empty weight of 28 ounces.

Overall - this gun does nothing better than existing guns, including guns that sell for $100+ less, and has enough drawbacks to make it unattractive. Really sad, because Ruger has been upping their game of late and generally makes a rugged, workhorse of a gun that almost anyone can use. I have no doubt that the American pistol will be reliable and take lots of abuse should one be inclined to abuse it, but it doesn't look like a winner in the ergonomics standpoint.
Thanks.
I saw that it was 31 ounces which surprised me.. it being a poly gun. An all steel Browning Hi-Power weighs 32.
Kinda makes me think they're gunning for military adoption with it being so beefy/"heavy".