JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm sitting around a gun store yesterday and a gentleman says the U of I farm has a elk problem. So this morning I go see what's up. Then I get on the list,go back to the game dept right down the hiway and get my tag.
Does this mean I don't get a elk tag during regular season? Nope,still get that tag,this is extra! Gave them $36 and went back to the ranch.(already had my license)
So I had the shotgun,muzzle loader,and the Ruger American. I didn't need to do a short range hunt but I wanted to use the muzzle gun anyway.
Then them pesky elk started moving. I put down the ML and took the rifle off my back. Tried to steady it but got on one knee instead. Put the crosshairs on her and clicked it off. She waddled around a few steps and went down. Picked her head up twice and that was it.
I was loaded with Hornady's precision hunter 143gr ELD-X. I was afraid 143gr might be too light but it did great without severe meat damage.
It went thru the lungs and up thru the back strap on the opposite side.
So of course I'm very happy with the rifle and the ammo choice.
And I guess my shooting,since it was a new rifle.

Oh the insanity! Eveybody knows you need a superultramag with at least a 300 gr bullet to down an Elk. Nice going with the CM. I have not killed an elk with mine but I have no doubt it would get it done at reasonable ranges. I have killed several elk with 140 grainers in a 270 including a 400# cow at 300+ yards. She didn't seem to notice I was undergunned.

Oh I have an iPhone but it's such a PITA to figure out how to load from my library. And I'm not loading to somewhere else and then bringing it here.
I mean even Craigslist all I have to do is hit pics and it goes to my library. Photo bucket does the same thing
Why not bring that technology here?
Or if it is here it sucks to find it

Can't remember if I said it here but I didn't like the cheapo stock. Really turned me off to the gun at first. Then I saw a few vids on it and decided to try it out,thinking I could always put a Boyd's stock on it. Well it's light enough you could almost carry it for a back up rifle.
I probably won't change this gun but would buy a 6.5 in better rifle if I decided I needed something nicer.

I am thinking about getting one of these... if I can suddenly turn 21.
IMG_1039.JPG
Yep. That's a .50 BMG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews