JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm trying to help our economy by buying a Ruger American rifle.
The good folks at BiMart have a .308 with 20 inch barrel and a 6.5Creedmoor with a 24 inch barrel. $439.97 for either
I'm well stocked with ammo in both calibers so does anyone have a Ruger American in either caliber and if yes, what do you think of it. What do you like and what do you think could be better?

I want to put an ATN X-Sight 4K 3-14 on it FWIW

Thanks in advance for your insights!

So I'm trying to help our economy by buying a Ruger American rifle.
The good folks at BiMart have a .308 with 20 inch barrel and a 6.5Creedmoor with a 24 inch barrel. $439.97 for either
I'm well stocked with ammo in both calibers so does anyone have a Ruger American in either caliber and if yes, what do you think of it. What do you like and what do you think could be better?

I want to put an ATN X-Sight 4K 3-14 on it FWIW

Thanks in advance for your insights!
I have an American in .308 and it will always be a keeper. This is a caliber issue. My type of hunting is better to suited by far towards the .308. I don't do 600 yard stuff with it, there are just too many other caliber guns better suited for that. I took a very nice Oregon antelope buck moving away top speed at a 45 degree angle (later ranged at 225 yards) with that .308 and a 125 gr bullet. If you shoot distance regular go with the 6.5, and if you hunt deer, elk, and antelope at shorter distances go with the .308

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top