JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Buddy has a Ruger 77 in .25-06 that he want me to sell for him. Says he has not shoot it in over a decade so time to move it. Thinks it has about 200 rounds though it. Thinks he has the dies and some brass for it too but could not find it the day I took the pic.

Has Simmons "44 Mag" 6.5-20 x44 scope on it.

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

I looked online and could not find a price for this version. I have seen lots of the lightweight hunting style ones though.

Any idea on a fair price for this?

There are currently 29 Ruger M77 25-06's on Gun Broker so you should be able to get an Idea. At best the scope adds 1/3 to 1/2 of what was paid for it to the value of the rifle rings and mounts nothing. Brass maybe 15,00 per 100

There are currently 29 Ruger M77 25-06's on Gun Broker so you should be able to get an Idea. At best the scope adds 1/3 to 1/2 of what was paid for it to the value of the rifle rings and mounts nothing. Brass maybe 15,00 per 100

Rugers used an intergrated mount on their receivers (machined in to the receiver top),and all of my Rugers have come from the factory with scope rings.

When I did a search for "M77 25-06" I came up with 10 and NONE are this model so it did very little to help me price them which is why I commented that I had looked online and was unable to find this version.

Thats the target model, I have one in 22-250 that I paid $550 for 2 years ago. If it hasn't been shot that much, they retail for nearly $1000. There is a similar rifle on here, but in .243 I believe and he was asking $6-something. Mine is accurate as ****, I'd love to have that one!

General spectrum for pricing guns:
1) Price you could move it for within a week or so.

2) Price you could move it for if you are willing to wait a month or two.

3) Price you can ask for it and hold out for the person looking for this specific gun in that specific caliber.

Things to consider: To be very honest, that scope (Simmons 44 mag, 6.5-20) is appropriate for that gun and cartridge, but not of best quality. It adds little to the value of the gun ($50-75?), because a serious shooter would upgrade it almost immediately. You might be better served to sell the scope seperately to someone looking for an entry-level quality high magnification variable scope. The gun is far better than "entry level" quality, but probably would not bring what a comparable Rem700/Win70 in the same configuration/caliber might bring. No dig on the Rugers: they are fantastic guns and even better now that Ruger is making their own barrels. This is merely a statement about market desirability.

Once-fired brass cannot be considered to add much if anything to the value. This would be merely a "throw that in" item to sweeten the deal. Dies? Real market value, going with the gun, add $20. Less if the buyer is already into
.25-06. He'll have dies.

Please do not interpret any of this as derogatory toward your friend's gun. You asked for honest input, and this is toward that effort.

I just sold a fat-barreled laminated stainless Rem700 .223 at the $600 mark. Gun was identical condition (near new) to this one, even to round count. I asked a bit more, it had extras, and it moved in about two weeks, because I'd priced it to do so. These are relatively specialized guns, so the task is to find a buyer interested in that specialization, and significant cash on hand in this economy. It would have brought more if I was wiling to wait. I was not.

Buyers for fat-barreled .223 guns are more numerous that buyers for fat-barreled .25-06's. Buyers for fat-barreled Remingtons are more numerous than those looking for fat-barreled Rugers. So there ya go (from a guy who very much likes Rugers and .25-06's).

From another Ruger fan... The scope on this gun is decent, but not a high end one. So I'd say it doesn't add too much to the value to the gun. I go along with Spitpatch on the value of the brass and dies, especially if he only has "some" brass. If there's a lot, like a few hundred, I personally would feel they add a little value, but not much more than the dies.

As far as my opinion of value, I'd say $600-$650 ish.

Nice rifle. Funny thing though, this gun should have the Target Grey rings. Must be the ones that came with the gun weren't high enough for that scope and were purchased separately. You should ask if he has the grey ones, too. The Ruger rings cost over $50 if you have to go buy them!

When I did a search for "M77 25-06" I came up with 10 and NONE are this model so it did very little to help me price them which is why I commented that I had looked online and was unable to find this version.

Try doing a search for Ruger 25-06 that is how I found 29 of them. You can also try the other gun auction sites.

Thanks for all the info guys. I was thinking $650 was a fair staring price but wanted to make sure I was not out of line prior posting an ad. I am setting up a for sale ad right now along with a few other things for him.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top