JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah, that would make more sense because having a stamped item in no way, shape, or form opens one's home up for inspection, sans a warrant. Any kind of FFL and they can audit you once a year; I was inspected once as a 03FFL (C&R) licensee, but haven't been as a 01FFL (Dealer). The former was at my home address, the latter is at my office address. :)
Cool thing about that license is you can buy post examples. I don't think you get to keep them once your license expires, but as long as you have the license you can..

No one can argue that your search and seizure rights to your home are NOT diminished by the requirements of a suppressor licence

You might certainly defend a position that your search and seizure rights remain entirely intact. On paper.

When they come for you...and I have borne witness on them coming for you...the fact that they hold in their hand that you have an "evil device" will figure prominently first in the warrant and secondly in the search and seizure, even it it ain't written nowhere.

I promise you that.

Cool thing about that license is you can buy post examples. I don't think you get to keep them once your license expires, but as long as you have the license you can..

True. With said you can build new Posties, but you can't keep them after hanging up your license. They have to be sold to another licensee who can possess said or they must be destroyed per the regulations.

No license to manfacture. License for the device only.

To own an NFA regulated item, one pays a tax; there is no license. And paying said tax does not give BATFE, or any other agency, access to your home. If they want in, they need a warrant, because you still retain your Fourth Amendment rights after paying said tax.

True. With said you can build new Posties, but you can't keep them after hanging up your license. They have to be sold to another licensee who can possess said or they must be destroyed per the regulations.

To own an NFA regulated item, one pays a tax; there is no license. And paying said tax does not give BATFE, or any other agency, access to your home. If they want in, they need a warrant, because you still retain your Fourth Amendment rights after paying said tax.

That's all paper buddy.

Saw this, thought of this thread. Looks like it does everything the hybrid does and is user serviceable.

Thanks for the link on the Griffin option. It is a tad more than the Hybrid, but looks like it would fit the bill.

Minor update; I just tracked the carbine. Yesterday it said would be here on Tuesday, now it says "Shipment cancelled by sender". I have a message into Grab-a-Gun. I hope no shenanigans on their part. :mad:

Updates:

1. Grab-a-Gun got back to me with a different tracking number. On its way and should be here Wednesday.
  2. Silencer Shop, bizarrely, doesn't carry the Hybrid 46, as far as I can see. I have a message into a local FFL/SOT about a special order. (My own FFL does not, at least yet, have SOT status.)
  3. Looking at options for the Leaupold scope, but I'm not finding anything less expensive than Amazon. It has free shipping (thanks to Prime) and it benefits NWFA (via the the affiliate program), so that looks to be the route to take.
:)

Updates:

1. Grab-a-Gun got back to me with a different tracking number. On its way and should be here Wednesday.
  2. Silencer Shop, bizarrely, doesn't carry the Hybrid 46, as far as I can see. I have a message into a local FFL/SOT about a special order. (My own FFL does not, at least yet, have SOT status.)
  3. Looking at options for the Leaupold scope, but I'm not finding anything less expensive than Amazon. It has free shipping (thanks to Prime) and it benefits NWFA (via the the affiliate program), so that looks to be the route to take.
:)
Weird Grabagun messed something up. I just ordered my second firearm from them last week. Arrived in four days. Ordered 4 mags from them on Tuesday, got them Yesterday.

Not to mention the Grab a Quote thing brought the price from 449 to 349.

Also, that hybrid goes on sale often. Which is nice, because you'll likely spend more than you paid for it in adapters and such, if you are trying to get it to fit with all your guns that is.

1. Silencer Shop, bizarrely, doesn't carry the Hybrid 46, as far as I can see. I have a message into a local FFL/SOT about a special order. (My own FFL does not, at least yet, have SOT status.

Weird Grabagun messed something up. I just ordered my second firearm from them last week. Arrived in four days. Ordered 4 mags from them on Tuesday, got them Yesterday.

Not to mention the Grab a Quote thing brought the price from 449 to 349.

Agreed. I've done business with, both my own guns but also people buying from them and transferring through the FFL, and no problems ever. Fortunately, it looks like just a paperwork screw-up, because the new tracking shows it on its way.

Also, that hybrid goes on sale often. Which is nice, because you'll likely spend more than you paid for it in adapters and such, if you are trying to get it to fit with all your guns that is.

Good to know. This particular part of the project is most certainly "back-burner" right now considering all the irons in the fire, but I'm still working on it as it never hurts to get the ducks in a row.

Thanks much. Weird, I went through all the SilencerCo listings and didn't see it. Glad it is available through them. :)

The little rifle came into my office yesterday just as I was headed out to the city. I took some pictures this morning.

The Destroyer was a no-go, but the American is much better.

b1.jpg

So begins the glorious counterrevolution against plastic stocks ... OK, that is too dramatic. I just like traditionalist styling. :p

Rifle 77counterrevolution.jpg

The action sure a cute little thing. Pretty smooth too.

time4sumaktion.jpg

And simple to make quiet in the future.

shhh.jpg

Modifications to be applied very soon as I have most the parts:

• Install the leather sling I weather-treated yesterday.
  • Install the Leupold scope that came in yesterday.
Modifications I don't know when:

• Try the aftermarket 10-round magazine. I have no idea when this will be; I bought one, but the manufacturer did not provide tracking nor replies to e-mail.
Modifications in the future:

• A duly-registered, big-bore silencer. I'm pretty set on a SilencerCo Hybrid 46. It does everything required, Silencer Shop has them, and SilencerCo confirmed they have adapter that works with the present thread pitch. However, this shall have to wait for now.
So, making progress with this project. Well wishes to my friends. :)

I just got back from the home range after doing a short, informal shooting with the new carbine and its Model 29 stablemate.

friends.jpg
  • Shooting was informal, off-hand, at bowling pins, metallic silhouettes, and spinners.
  • I shot up 37 rounds of el cheapo Lax 240-grain .44 Magnum, 6 rounds of 200-grain Ultramax .44 Special, and 4 rounds of Hornady 300-grain XTP .44 Magnum.
  • I didn't keep track of shooting on the wheel gun.
Results, thoughts, etc.

• No malfuctions of any kind.
  • Very light and fast handling.
  • The magazine changes take some getting used to, but once you know how they are swapped, no issues.
  • Accuracy was fine at the shorter ranges I was shooting. It was fun seeing the silhouettes take flight.
  • Recoil on the 240-grain stuff was no problem, the Hornady loads were a bit more spunky, and the Specials were a pussy cat.
  • The 4-round magazines run dry fast. I hope the 10-rounders work because that would be great. I could see adding some more standard capacity ones at some point.
  • I'm returning the Leupold scope I bought for this one. Keeping it simple seems like the better course for this one.
  • This carbine, like the lever-gun in the same caliber, is a nice companion to the revolver.
All and all seems to work for the intended rôle. It is a ways off, but this one will be fun to suppress. Cheers. :)

Good call on sticking to iron sights!

BTW, now I really want the 77/357!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top