JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, so I am a little bit up to my eyeballs in various gun projects (2—3, depending on how one looks at it; really killing time until the machine-pistol comes in), but an idea is forming. Acquire a used one (wood stock, stainless steel metal), thread it (½x28), put on some kind of light-weight optic, run it silenced. Sort of a modern, silenced, American take on the Destroyer carbine concept.

Thoughts?

I like the idea...the stainless steel and wood stock combo is a neat look....
And the rifle itself seems like a handy rifle to have around and fun one to shoot , to boot....:D
As for the optic...I like the lower powered ones , what I see this type rifle is to be used for...
Andy

Unlike many, I have no desire for a "silenced" rifle. Nor do I care for pistol caliber carbines of any kind (If I'm carrying a carbine, I want power), but I found this very interesting.

OK, so I am a little bit up to my eyeballs in various gun projects (2—3, depending on how one looks at it; really killing time until the machine-pistol comes in), but an idea is forming. Acquire a used one (wood stock, stainless steel metal), thread it (½x28), put on some kind of light-weight optic, run it silenced. Sort of a modern, silenced, American take on the Destroyer carbine concept.

Thoughts?
Do it.

I may eventually get one of the newer threaded ones myself.

Ive got a similar project being worked on by a local favorite gunsmith, think 9mm, but in an action not too common.

Yesterday ... I think it was then, working these hours, I become forgetful; Destroyer came in. Weather and family matters permitting, I will shoot this one a lot tomorrow. If fun, keep. Not, not. Is no problem.

spaniard.jpg

Funny story, not "haha" fun, long ago I lived in California for a brief spell. It was crap; hellacious job, living in CA, with a woman who was nothing but trouble; but I enjoyed warm days blasting away with a 1943 vintage La Coruña Mauser in the desert. When it all fell apart due to surprising and very evil deeds by the aforementioned woman, I had to sell said. I vowed to replace, some day but shortly after the wreck, reunited with my beloved, and we've had a couple decades of joy, so forgot about that sad times and the battered Mauser from long ago, and the rest is history, as they say. In some silly way, playing with this "new" one it is icing on the cake, to use the expression.

Sorry for this digression, friends. Sometimes a man is prone to ruminations. Wishing you all well. :s0155:

Do it.

I may eventually get one of the newer threaded ones myself.

Ive got a similar project being worked on by a local favorite gunsmith, think 9mm, but in an action not too common.

One thing I very much like about our interactions; you are such an enabler to my antics. Many blessings to you and yours. :D

Well the Destroyer was a no go, so I'm kicking around this one again. Going to do some snooping on GB and similar. Anyone know of a real world price for a used, wood stocked specimen. Blued or stainless, though I'd prefer the latter. And no plastic stock; not a fan.

The new threaded Rugers are about $800. I haven't seen many used lately.

If your feeling squirrelly. This is isnt much, though the conversion cost was more than rifle if you catch my drift.

Oh, not feeling squirrelly, just like to be always working on something. Zero interest in anything rimfire, but neat looking rifle. :)
Oh but you didn't catch my drift, it's gonna be in 9mm soon. Much like your destroyer project was intended to yes?

Oh, now I comprehend. Yes, this is very interesting. Thank you. :D
Special interest arms, a one man shop, used to convert these and sell them. I wanted one so badly, just timing and what not. Where there is a will, there is a way. So I committed to the project, or at least to paying for an amazing Smith to perform the conversion.

A few of the novems made back when for better clarification.

1580357162352.jpeg
1580357176165.jpeg
1580357203715.jpeg

Even though I said previously that I'm not a fan of pistol cartridges in rifles or carbines, the ballistic improvement from the longer barrel is impressive. I used to shoot 41 Mag a bunch. I had a 6.5" Ruger Blackhawk and a 20" barreled Marlin 1894. The Ruger would go 1350fps with a 210gr bullet. The exact same cartridge in the Marlin was near 1900fps. That's a huge improvement over an already stout round.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm very hip to pistol-caliber carbines and submachine-guns, particularly in these environs.

On that note, everyone has their own perspective. I like little carbines/SMGs, tough brunettes, Spanish opera, surreal art, Unix-based operating systems, blisteringly hot weather, the laughter of children, clear liquors, and the sound of silence. I'd wager there are folks who like none of those, and that is OK. :s0155:

Variety makes thing interesting. We have so many types of guns snd calibers to choose from. For most of us we peak our interest into a coiple of certaina actions and a couple of calibers and after some time goes by we drift away from what we have been working with and move on to another area.
I am drifting to pistol calibers in rifles.
I bought a stainledd Ruger 77/357 a couple of years ago to match up with some Ruger 357 revolvers.

I just bought a stainless Ruger 77/44 to match up with the two Ruger 44 mag Redhawks and 10" Ruger Blackhawk I have.

I will be picking up a rifle in 41mag to match up to my 41 magnum Redhark.

I will also be picking up a 9mm carbine to go along with a few 9mm pistols and my 9mm Ruger SP101.

Like posted above you get so much more velocity out of a pistol caliber out of a rifle and if you reload you can get so more out of that caliber.

It's an addiction that is very rewarding and fun to persue. I find it fun working up loads for these rifle and pistol combinations.

I made up a water trough that holds nine of the gallon milk jugs to shoot in to and see how many jugs the bullets pass through and I get to see what the bullet did passing though these jugs of water.

20190921_181251.jpg

20190921_181859.jpg

20190921_190353.jpg

Random wackiness, because, frankly it is hard to focus these days:

• I'm officially between projects, so looking at this one again.
  • Anyone know of a source of one with wood furniture? There are four pages of results on GB. Zero have the aforementioned, all having plastic fantastic stocks. To each their own, but I have no use for synthetic stocks.
  • What do ya think about SBRing this one? Make extra handy.
  • On that score, how hard is it to remove the barrel to send said to a gunsmith?
  • Do they make bigger magazines? Everything on the Intratubes tells me "no", but might as well ask.
Gracias. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads