Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger 77/22 Magnum bolt action custom value?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Kruejl, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

photo(13).jpg
    image(11).jpg

I know very little about this firearm.....need some expert advice. .22 magnum with a Weaver scope and custom stock. Tack driver at 100 yards. It's my fathers and he's curious as to its worth.

photo(13).jpg

image(11).jpg

2. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

My Blue Book shows a 98% gun worth $500. Isn't that the standard laminate stock from Ruger? If I were selling this, my asking price would be $550. But I love the 77/22. I would never sell one. Kip

3. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

That is the factory stock, it is not "custom". The good news is that it is probably worth more with the factory stock than a custom one. New ones are selling for $650ish if you can find one. The scope adds a little bit of value, but not much. I think unklekippy is right on at $550 asking price.

4. Kruejl

Kruejl Hillsboro Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

Thanks for the feedback. Like I said, I know little to nothing about this gun. The nice thing is............it's MINE. My dad is pretty bubbleguming cool!! Told me since I took it home, and its in my possesion, it's now mine.

5. Kruejl

Taking it out tomorrow to put a few down range. Should be fun to sight her in.