JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I'm in brown bear country I generally carry my G29 with G20 mags loaded with underwood hard cast and also I keep the tac14 loaded with slugs and buckshot close. My hopes were that this would be a gun I could carry on my chest with light weight, high capacity, and a little more distance than my revolvers or glocks, I ended up in a coyote den last summer and unloaded my g29 into the pack of dogs and only hit one because they were just too far out, ultimately I could throw one of my AR's in the rzr but I was hoping to just get a dual purpose versatile pistol that I could reach out to 50 yards or less and take out a coyote or mountain lion or armed tweeker.
Ammo is my worst fear as I can literally find none and nobody wants to give any up for sale or trade.
The ruger 57 will do what you. Need and it's a 200 yard gun

I have absolutely zero experience with this platform but I do understand magazine capacity, which things in 5.7 have plenty of. I believe you're giving up raw power for capacity. Are one or two big holes better than a dozen small holes? That's for you to decide and hopefully not find out

I have absolutely zero experience with this platform but I do understand magazine capacity, which things in 5.7 have plenty of. I believe you're giving up raw power for capacity. Are one or two big holes better than a dozen small holes? That's for you to decide and hopefully not find out
Al depends on what round you use I have some like ss190 that goes thru armor like nothing and others that leave one inch holes

In the movies the little guy hits the big guy on the jaw and he just grins and gets really pissed, but then, the guy starts whamming him with kidney shots and maybe a kick between (you know) and he drops. So, if you can fill the bill for placement, and volume, you may have a chance with a brown bear.

wakeupcall.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads