JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know how I can find a value on one of these? A guy wants to do a trade with me and he says its worth $1000, but I found a couple on gunbroker and they were around half that. He says his is worth more because its a 1963 model, condition is 8 out of 10. Does anyone know of a website that has gun values? Thank you in advance for any help.

I thought that the guns came out in 1969 (Edit: it was actually 1966 for the Carbine ),no wonder why he thinks it's special :D
Take a look at prices of guns that have sold across the country that compare in condition,do a price avaerage and go from there.
RK

Now if it is the Deerstalker,it was introduced in 1959/60 IIRC. Years later Ruger changed the name to the .44 carbine.

I have one the same vintage and also about an 8 to 9. I thought it was valued around $600 give or take. The older ones are more sought after in good condition. I have never seen one even near 1k.

Does anyone know how I can find a value on one of these? A guy wants to do a trade with me and he says its worth $1000, but I found a couple on gunbroker and they were around half that. He says his is worth more because its a 1963 model, condition is 8 out of 10. Does anyone know of a website that has gun values? Thank you in advance for any help.

My opinion: so take it with a grain of salt: 1K is a bit rich for this gun; I wouldn't pay more than 450-600 for it.

Saw one for sale on the classifieds here, forget who had it up.

IMPORTANT; not basing my opinion on any value guides, just its one of the guns I follow cause I like it.

FWIW I sold a real nice one about a year ago. Took a couple weeks to get $550 for it, so that was probably a fair price for it then. Probably not much different now, a little less if anything. :s0159:

Thirtieth edition Blue Book:

44 standard carbine, mfg 1961-1985. 80% $275

44 Standard Carbine marked Deerstalker. 3,750 made
until Ithaca lawsuit discontinued manufacture (1962)

80% $550 (100% $925)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads