JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know how I can find a value on one of these? A guy wants to do a trade with me and he says its worth $1000, but I found a couple on gunbroker and they were around half that. He says his is worth more because its a 1963 model, condition is 8 out of 10. Does anyone know of a website that has gun values? Thank you in advance for any help.

I thought that the guns came out in 1969 (Edit: it was actually 1966 for the Carbine ),no wonder why he thinks it's special :D
Take a look at prices of guns that have sold across the country that compare in condition,do a price avaerage and go from there.
RK

Now if it is the Deerstalker,it was introduced in 1959/60 IIRC. Years later Ruger changed the name to the .44 carbine.

I have one the same vintage and also about an 8 to 9. I thought it was valued around $600 give or take. The older ones are more sought after in good condition. I have never seen one even near 1k.

Does anyone know how I can find a value on one of these? A guy wants to do a trade with me and he says its worth $1000, but I found a couple on gunbroker and they were around half that. He says his is worth more because its a 1963 model, condition is 8 out of 10. Does anyone know of a website that has gun values? Thank you in advance for any help.

My opinion: so take it with a grain of salt: 1K is a bit rich for this gun; I wouldn't pay more than 450-600 for it.

Saw one for sale on the classifieds here, forget who had it up.

IMPORTANT; not basing my opinion on any value guides, just its one of the guns I follow cause I like it.

FWIW I sold a real nice one about a year ago. Took a couple weeks to get $550 for it, so that was probably a fair price for it then. Probably not much different now, a little less if anything. :s0159:

Thirtieth edition Blue Book:

44 standard carbine, mfg 1961-1985. 80% $275

44 Standard Carbine marked Deerstalker. 3,750 made
until Ithaca lawsuit discontinued manufacture (1962)

80% $550 (100% $925)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads