1. OREGON: MANDATORY PRIVATE PARTY BACKGROUND CHECKS COMING SOON

Join the fight against SB941 here

Ruger 44 Mag Carbine

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CVMustang, Aug 24, 2010.

1. CVMustang

CVMustang Member

Does anyone know how I can find a value on one of these? A guy wants to do a trade with me and he says its worth $1000, but I found a couple on gunbroker and they were around half that. He says his is worth more because its a 1963 model, condition is 8 out of 10. Does anyone know of a website that has gun values? Thank you in advance for any help.

2. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Member

I thought that the guns came out in 1969 (Edit: it was actually 1966 for the Carbine ),no wonder why he thinks it's special :D
    Take a look at prices of guns that have sold across the country that compare in condition,do a price avaerage and go from there.
    RK

Now if it is the Deerstalker,it was introduced in 1959/60 IIRC. Years later Ruger changed the name to the .44 carbine.

3. CVMustang

CVMustang Member

Oops, yes it is the deerstalker. The serial # is just over 73000, according to a website I found, that does make it 1963.

4. Nelson

Nelson New Member

I have one the same vintage and also about an 8 to 9. I thought it was valued around $600 give or take. The older ones are more sought after in good condition. I have never seen one even near 1k.

5. Correctthought

Correctthought Member

My opinion: so take it with a grain of salt: 1K is a bit rich for this gun; I wouldn't pay more than 450-600 for it.

Saw one for sale on the classifieds here, forget who had it up.

IMPORTANT; not basing my opinion on any value guides, just its one of the guns I follow cause I like it.

6. clamman

clamman New Member

My dad has one. Don't remember the year (late 60's) but he paid $99.00 for it brand new. It will be mine someday. I was told it was worth $400

7. lucky guy

lucky guy Active Member

FWIW I sold a real nice one about a year ago. Took a couple weeks to get $550 for it, so that was probably a fair price for it then. Probably not much different now, a little less if anything. :twocents:

8. BillM

BillM Active Member Bronze Supporter

Thirtieth edition Blue Book:

44 standard carbine, mfg 1961-1985. 80% $275

44 Standard Carbine marked Deerstalker. 3,750 made
    until Ithaca lawsuit discontinued manufacture (1962)

80% $550 (100% $925)