Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

WTS WA Ruger 44 carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.

1371JarHead

Reactions
Feedback
1 / 0 / 0
Great rifle, my Dad bought one for me way back in the day 68/69? i think, shot like a dream, a bit of recoil, but took 6 deer with it over the years it is a great deer gun out to 100 yards or so, perhaps longer with today's modern ammo, f&^%$ me, why did I sell it, oh well good luck with your sale dude...and that is a cool table as well who did the leather work on it...

jbett98

Reactions
Feedback
138 / 0 / 0
I'm looking at suppressing one of these. If my gunsmith thinks it can be done and work right, then I'll get back to you.

OP
mikeybuck
Reactions
Feedback
7 / 0 / 0
I don't think it would work. You need a 240 gr bullet with 20-24 gr of h110 to work the action. Might be to hot at 1800 fps for a can....or it might work.
A good lever or bolt action with cowboy type loads with a can, now that's fun.

1371JarHead

Reactions
Feedback
1 / 0 / 0
Thanks, my great grandma did the leather work.

I have about a dozen of these Ruger 44 carbines. :D
Nice, its sad that Ruger no longer supports this platform, what happens if you need a new part, do you do your own metal work as well, any way nice rifle wish I had kept mine.

Always wanted one. Can't afford it at the moment due to other recent purchases!!
GLWYS!!

Mica

Reactions
Feedback
8 / 0 / 0
Good point. I have tried it in my new to someone else ruger carbine. That's probably why I didn't shoot them in it enough to recall exactly. My Winchester however. Doesn't mind at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Wildcat Mountain
    5.00 star(s)
    This is my family's and my selfs favorite spot to go for hand gun practice and just plinking...
    • Tccae708
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    What a great deal on transfers. Good guy and he makes it very easy. He had fast communication...
    • glorydays4ever
  • Cerberus Training Group
    5.00 star(s)
    Feedback from John Wells-Henderson, an avid shooter re: the 1-day Run the Gun Pistol class...
    • rutilate
  • Cerberus Training Group
    5.00 star(s)
    Here was a review from John Wells-Henderson, an experienced rifle shooter from the 1-day Run the...
    • rutilate
  • Curt's Discount Shooter's Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    I was in need of a carbine length gas tube and didn't want to drive all around town looking for...
    • arakboss