JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Article is less than half Fudd, which is a pleasant surprise.
Of course a safety will be present. This is unavoidable anymore. Tang safety maybe??
Pistol caliber carbine would be a nice surprise (.357,.44,.45LC,....500?)
Ruger will definitely throw an oddball "new" caliber in the mix, probably the. 350 Legend.
Love their laminate wood already so I will look for gen 2 or later offerings (green, grey , black, maybe blue)
Cerakote also will be offered ( matching your Ruger Wrangler perhaps)

David Petzal....Ugh.

In regards to the Marlin 336 sights...as in the traditional ones as issued ...they work well...If..
One takes the time to learn how to shoot with them.
And to be fair here...have the eyesight to use 'em

I do some of my best shooting with the much maligned "Buckhorn" rear sight
( fixed , as in non adjustable , no less ) and a sliver blade front sight...I have ribbons , prizes and made dinner with this combination.

With all that said...
I understand that there are newer style sights , and optics , which may be "Better".
I am not against anyone using those or arguing that the old ways are the best.

I am saying that the older style sights do indeed work.
And that I am damn tired of folks thinking that just 'cause something is old ...it ain't no good.

As for the Ruger / Marlin 336...
I look forward to seeing it...and hope that the quality of the rifle , is worthy of the JM Marlin legacy.
Andy

"Ruger has to chamber the 336 for both the .30/30 and the .35 Remington. There's probably some kind of regulation somewhere that requires it." That quote was quite funny.

A whole lot of nothing besides the "fact" that Ruger's going to release the 336 at some point.
it will be interesting to see what Ruger does with the 336 and when, but articles like this are nothing but fluff. One guy's opinion. So many "news" articles these days are just like this...:confused:

I, too, found the comment about the 30-30 and 35 Remington worthy of a smile. I agree.

Article is less than half Fudd, which is a pleasant surprise.
Of course a safety will be present. This is unavoidable anymore. Tang safety maybe??
Pistol caliber carbine would be a nice surprise (.357,.44,.45LC,....500?)
Ruger will definitely throw an oddball "new" caliber in the mix, probably the. 350 Legend.
Love their laminate wood already so I will look for gen 2 or later offerings (green, grey , black, maybe blue)
Cerakote also will be offered ( matching your Ruger Wrangler perhaps)

The 336 will not be in .500 or .454 or .460 - not strong enough. Yes, it can handle rifle cartridges like the .45-70 etc., but the .500, et. al. are high pressure and have even more thrust. It takes a stronger action, like the Model 92 to handle those large big bore high pressure cartridges. It took me a while to understand why.

The 336 will not be in .500 or .454 or .460 - not strong enough. Yes, it can handle rifle cartridges like the .45-70 etc., but the .500, et. al. are high pressure and have even more thrust. It takes a stronger action, like the Model 92 to handle those large big bore high pressure cartridges. It took me a while to understand why.
Not so much thinking the actual 336 platform would be offered as mdl 1894 option. Just down the road hoping that if ruger has commercial success, they might cook up some cool new lever concepts.
96/44 is handy but ,unfortunately, ugly.
The mags from 77/357 could be worked into a lever platform somehow.
Pure fantasy on my part.

Oh , and let's all drool about rimfire possibilities. 39A relaunch? With mountie straight stock?

Not so much thinking the actual 336 platform would be offered as mdl 1894 option. Just down the road hoping that if ruger has commercial success, they might cook up some cool new lever concepts.
96/44 is handy but ,unfortunately, ugly.
The mags from 77/357 could be worked into a lever platform somehow.
Pure fantasy on my part.

Oh , and let's all drool about rimfire possibilities. 39A relaunch? With mountie straight stock?

I agree that the 96/44 is ugly, I've never liked that or the Savage 99 either.

The Marlin '94 is kind of ok, but I prefer the Winchester '94 because that is what I grew up with. The 336 is a better rifle than either, and the Model 92 is better than the Marlin '94 - stronger.

I fear that if Ruger made a lever action with a rotary mag it would probably be a repeat - in styling - of the 96/44 or 96/22.

I prefer the slab sided styling of the Winchester/Brownings for lever actions. What I really want to see is Ruger come out with a Model 92 in .454 or .460. They may do the .454, but won't do the .460 for the same reason they won't do a .460 revolver; because it is a S&W cartridge - which is silly and stupid at the same time IMO - they make revolvers in .38 S&W Special.

Would like to see the Model 39A too - would like to see a lever action in .22 WMR. Would like to see all of the lever actions in takedown models like my Winchester 92 does. Octagon barrels too. And carbines.

I agree that the 96/44 is ugly, I've never liked that or the Savage 99 either.

The Marlin '94 is kind of ok, but I prefer the Winchester '94 because that is what I grew up with. The 336 is a better rifle than either, and the Model 92 is better than the Marlin '94 - stronger.

I fear that if Ruger made a lever action with a rotary mag it would probably be a repeat - in styling - of the 96/44 or 96/22.

I prefer the slab sided styling of the Winchester/Brownings for lever actions. What I really want to see is Ruger come out with a Model 92 in .454 or .460. They may do the .454, but won't do the .460 for the same reason they won't do a .460 revolver; because it is a S&W cartridge - which is silly and stupid at the same time IMO - they make revolvers in .38 S&W Special.

Would like to see the Model 39A too - would like to see a lever action in .22 WMR. Would like to see all of the lever actions in takedown models like my Winchester 92 does. Octagon barrels too. And carbines.
Aaaand , if someone makes a 5.7 or 22TCM lever I know you're the guy to shoot it.
Flextip rounds of course.

I'll likely be in line to buy one of the price is reasonable. And coming from Ruger, I expect it will be. I've found lever actions to be a real pleasure to hunt with, despite many other's differing opinions and I've found Ruger to meet my expectations on all platforms thus far.

That said, I'd personally like to see the .375 Winchester come back

I'll likely be in line to buy one of the price is reasonable. And coming from Ruger, I expect it will be. I've found lever actions to be a real pleasure to hunt with, despite many other's differing opinions and I've found Ruger to meet my expectations on all platforms thus far.

That said, I'd personally like to see the .375 Winchester come back
Not just ruger, but most new releases..
I wait for a couple months to get past the "initial glitches " phase.

I bought a ruger takedown hot of the press the minute they started shipping.
Mine was completely missing the extractor assembly. To the credit of the 10/22 ,it ran fairly good for half a mag.

My .02

What I really want to see is Ruger come out with a Model 92 in .454 or .460. They may do the .454, but won't do the .460 for the same reason they won't do a .460 revolver; because it is a S&W cartridge - which is silly and stupid at the same time IMO - they make revolvers in .38 S&W Special.
Ruger once offered bolt rifles in Winchester short mag loads. FN, who owns Winchester firearms and Browning firearms, had their attorneys stop Ruger from offering rifles chambered in Win short mag rounds.

Because Ruger has offered their No. 1 in 460 S&W, they may have a licensing agreement in place with Smith and Wesson. We can always hope for a lever from Ruger in 460.

If you want a lever rifle in 460 S&W, order this one:

https://www.bighornarmory.com/product/model-90-460-sw/

Not just ruger, but most new releases..
I wait for a couple months to get past the "initial glitches " phase.

I bought a ruger takedown hot of the press the minute they started shipping.
Mine was completely missing the extractor assembly. To the credit of the 10/22 ,it ran fairly good for half a mag.

My .02
I have to wonder if there will be any glitches at all. They already have the tooling, blueprints and possibly personnel to get it done so I'm going to assume it'll be a normal 336 but made under Ruger's supervision instead of Remington's. I would imagine any changes will be rolled out over time instead of all at once to they can at least get the ball rolling and some ROI. Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited to see one.

I have to wonder if there will be any glitches at all. They already have the tooling, blueprints and possibly personnel to get it done so I'm going to assume it'll be a normal 336 but made under Ruger's supervision instead of Remington's. I would imagine any changes will be rolled out over time instead of all at once to they can at least get the ball rolling and some ROI. Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited to see one.
Lol
Speaking of rolling
1Mvc-014f.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR