JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems more than a few 22/45 LITE owners are just as unimpressed as I am with that LCI (loaded chamber indicator), a little piece of black plastic protruding from the left side of the pistol when a chambered round pushes it out there.

I feel like a non-functional gimmick (gun works the same with or without it), for the purpose of replacing part of the thought process that we should all apply to all guns all the time, just seems needlessly complicated. "Lemme see... did I chamber a round or not...? Instead of actually checking like I do with every other firearm on earth, I'll just look at the plastic instead."

IMHO, it would be a better pistol without it. Perhaps Ruger could have devoted some of that attention to a smoother stock trigger?

Anyhow, I'm seeing lots of articles about simply removing it, and others about replacing it with a stationary filler piece that doesn't impede the feed and extraction of ammo.

With all that said, simply removing it shouldn't alter the quieting effect of a Spectre II silencer... should it?

I wouldn't imagine it would affect the silencing...maybe a bump in dB by 1-3. I just bought the new 22/45 lite and saw videos on removing the indicator. Take it off, try it and if it is louder just put it back on and live with it I suppose, or replace it with that plastic filler. Personally I think its ugly but makes sense if Ruger is trying to get into the CA market.

Still waiting on ATF to stamp a piece of paper and mail it back to me. About halfway there, I think.

Then I'll A/B it with and without the filler.

It figures that California would have something to do with the LCI

Take the POS out and put some volquartsen trigger pieces in and you'll love the way it shoots.....if you can get your hands on ammo. I can't imagine that leaving the piece out would affect the db level because the ejection port on the right side is also open during ejection/feeding of a new round.

Take the POS out and put some volquartsen trigger pieces in and you'll love the way it shoots.....if you can get your hands on ammo. I can't imagine that leaving the piece out would affect the db level because the ejection port on the right side is also open during ejection/feeding of a new round.
Did that the week I bought it and I love the way it shoots. I removed the miserable stock trigger and replaced it with the superior VQ Mk II kit (yes Mk II). Turned baseball-size scattered groups (nothing touching) into 1.25-inch groups, essentially one big jagged hole (still hoping for a random smiley face). I also replaced a bushing so the mag release actually releases the mag.

Someday when I can finally take delivery of the silencer I bought (months ago), I'll compare the pop with and without that useless LCI. Funny that we need to apply for permission and pay extra for a target pistol with built in hearing protection.

By the time ATF unasses the stamp, I might find some data online from someone with a dB meter. I know there are people who test stuff like that. I'm guessing it'll sound about the same.

I also put a mk 2 kit with bushing in my mk 3 bull barrel and also took out and threw away the lci pieces. The thing is a tack driver with a crisp 2lb 8 oz trigger. Too bad you need to spend so much extra time and money making the ruger shoot.

i also love my buckmark. All you need to do to give them a very nice trigger is flip a spring.

I also put a mk 2 kit with bushing in my mk 3 bull barrel and also took out and threw away the lci pieces. The thing is a tack driver with a crisp 2lb 8 oz trigger. Too bad you need to spend so much extra time and money making the ruger shoot.

i also love my buckmark. All you need to do to give them a very nice trigger is flip a spring.

My 61 year-old Colt Woodsman is a little stiffer than the new VQ kit, but totally predictable and a superior pistol to Ruger's new flagship.

just ignore it... not worth the trouble to replace a part that i don't notice when shooting...

if this thing bugs you that much, do it... but for the life of me I can't see why it should...

as noted, it's due to CA requirement...

22-45Lite_zps0707004a.jpg
It's just to make the lawyers happy, I just ignore the darn thing. Gary