Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger 22/45 barrels for Speed Steel

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Key-Hay, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Shot speed steel last weekend and really wanting to re-barrel the Mk II 22/45. Like the Tac Sol Pak-lite stuff. Where's a place to find a good deal on one of these.

4.5" threaded fluted with Picitinny rail/sites.

2. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

It is a lot lighter. You can get one from clackamas at wholes sale sports or whatever it is called.

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Or go all the way - Paclite + Volquartsen target frame.

4. Key-Hay

Hey Noisycow, were you at the March TCGC Speed Steel?

5. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

No, but I really would like to go next time. At least as an observer. Looks like a lot of fun. Sigh - I need to focus on a rifle event though so I can get rifle action range certified.

6. Key-Hay

You don't need to be AR certified for Speed Steel. I shot my 10/22 rifle with a red dot for a site. There were people shooting all kinds of 22s including AR-15s with 22 conversions. Lots of Ruger Mark IIs, IIIs and 22/45s.

Don't come to watch, come to shoot. It's a great friendly group and more than willing to show you the ropes. 74 shooters last time and almost 1/3 were new shooters.

Bring 5 mags, a rug or Case to put it in (all weapons are cased until told to make ready)

7. Armchair Operator

Armchair Operator Beaverton Active Member

This. Shot Speed Steel back in November for the first time and had one awesome experience. People were super cool and eager to help out. Heck, I even got to restart a stage due some mag issues with my 22/45. I'm hoping my first Practical Rifle match (this weekend) will be as good of an experience.

-AR

8. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Mikeli, I remember seeing Jason (JC Weaponry) carrying 22/45 uppers. He is a Expo Center Gun Show regular, shares a table with Coctailer (Andy), a NWFA member, posting under JC Weaponry. He was running kind of low the last time I checked and don't think he had intentions to get more. But, still worth a try.

Be advised you will be buying another firearm when swapping 22/45 uppers (which is why I went with a Browning Buckmark instead).

9. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

noisycow,mikeli is right ! come to shoot ! no pressure,easy to do,lots of shooting.I've done it twice,but it only takes once to love it. gonna try it with my .22 pistol nex time.Had a blast with the ruger 10-22..stock..the 1st two times.reliable is more important than fancy,but whatever floats ur boat on that aspect.

10. Key-Hay

Hey Throck, you calling my shooting stick fancy?

IMAG0627.jpg