JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shot speed steel last weekend and really wanting to re-barrel the Mk II 22/45. Like the Tac Sol Pak-lite stuff. Where's a place to find a good deal on one of these.

4.5" threaded fluted with Picitinny rail/sites.

No, but I really would like to go next time. At least as an observer. Looks like a lot of fun. Sigh - I need to focus on a rifle event though so I can get rifle action range certified.

You don't need to be AR certified for Speed Steel. I shot my 10/22 rifle with a red dot for a site. There were people shooting all kinds of 22s including AR-15s with 22 conversions. Lots of Ruger Mark IIs, IIIs and 22/45s.

Don't come to watch, come to shoot. It's a great friendly group and more than willing to show you the ropes. 74 shooters last time and almost 1/3 were new shooters.

Bring 5 mags, a rug or Case to put it in (all weapons are cased until told to make ready)

Don't come to watch, come to shoot. It's a great friendly group and more than willing to show you the ropes.

This. Shot Speed Steel back in November for the first time and had one awesome experience. People were super cool and eager to help out. Heck, I even got to restart a stage due some mag issues with my 22/45. I'm hoping my first Practical Rifle match (this weekend) will be as good of an experience.

-AR

Mikeli, I remember seeing Jason ( <broken link removed> ) carrying 22/45 uppers. He is a Expo Center Gun Show regular, shares a table with Coctailer (Andy), a NWFA member, posting under JC Weaponry. He was running kind of low the last time I checked and don't think he had intentions to get more. But, still worth a try.

Be advised you will be buying another firearm when swapping 22/45 uppers (which is why I went with a Browning Buckmark instead).

noisycow,mikeli is right ! come to shoot ! no pressure,easy to do,lots of shooting.I've done it twice,but it only takes once to love it. gonna try it with my .22 pistol nex time.Had a blast with the ruger 10-22..stock..the 1st two times.reliable is more important than fancy,but whatever floats ur boat on that aspect.

Hey Throck, you calling my shooting stick fancy?

IMAG0627.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top