JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a M29 Lew Horton with a whort barrel and find that it is quite managable with .44 special rounds, if that helps at all.
Even without pics I know that that's a beautiful piece.. I bought a 4" Lew Horton M29 at a Vegas pawn shop many years ago... gorgeously blued, unfluted cylinder, Jordan wood grips, OMG!
In a horrible moment of financial destitution I sold it to my FFL-guy in AZ who did the transfer a just a few years earlier and made me promise him that I'd give him first crack if I ever decided to sell it. I did. And he gave me a wad of cash almost equal in weight to the big M29.

The unfortunate fact that accompanies that caliber (no pun intended) of deliciousness is that it immediately becomes the most precious (and therefore profitable) horse in the stable, thereby placing it at the top-of-the-list with regards to a desperation liquidation.

A truly regretful loss, but it was either sell the Horton 29 or commit a felony... or cast my family into darkness and room-temperature milk. Family first, but still...

Last Edited:
Even without pics I know that that's a beautiful piece.. I bought a 4" Lew Horton M29 at a Vegas pawn shop many years ago... gorgeously blued, unfluted cylinder, Jordan wood grips, OMG!
In a horrible moment of financial destitution I sold it to my FFL-guy in AZ who did the transfer a just a few years earlier and made me promise him that I'd give him first crack if I ever decided to sell it. I did. And he gave me a wad of cash almost equal in weight to the big M29.

The unfortunate fact that accompanies that caliber (no pun intended) of deliciousness is that it immediately becomes the most precious (and therefore profitable) horse in the stable, thereby placing it at the top-of-the-list with regards to a desperation liquidation.

A truly regretful loss, but it was either sell the Horton 29 or commit a felony... or cast my family into darkness and room-temperature milk. Family first, but still...

We do what we gotta do. In my version of Heaven we get our guns and dogs back. :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews