Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger 1911 Commander

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Pandaz3, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I did try a search for this, but that function has been disabled Anyway Ruger has a second 1911 now a smidge shorter
    It seems to be a seven +1 where the 5" is a eight + 1.

REVIEW (From GunsAmerica Blog)

Ruger Website

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It's a 4 1/4" barreled gun that has a full length grip, just like the 5". That means it can either be a 7+1 or and 8+1 depending on the mag you stick in it!
    I bought a Ruger SR1911 shortly after they came out and like it enough that if I was looking for another Commander sized gun, I'd look hard to find a Ruger.

3. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

Double Post.

4. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I prefer 1911's like the Dan Wesson CCO. Shorter than full size 4-1/4'' barrel. With Officer length grip. You can still get all four fingers on it. And the grip is the hard part to conceal. Not the barrel. 7+1 is OK. And my reload is a full size 8 round magazine. If I need it I don't think I will care if it sticks out of the gun 1/2''?

Dan Wesson is not the only one to make a 1911 in this configuration. Not sure about Ruger. But a set up worth looking at.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    orygun and (deleted member) like this.