JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all I am new to this site. I am looking for a Ruger 1911 .045. Does anybody have any advise. So far all that I have read is good so I do not understand why they are so hard to purchace. Any help would be great .
Thanks Lewis

So far all that I have read is good so I do not understand why they are so hard to purchase.

because everybody wants one and at actual MRSP is an awesome value for money. and it is a really accurate gun for the money....

the factory can't keep up with production as they also produce other guns, and honestly it is cheaper for them to limit production than saturate the market and have surplus inventory.

this way all the guns they produce are already spoken for...

your only way of getting one right now is to talk to local dealers who can preorder for you and put you on a list of sorts.... they won't be available for walk-in sales for at least a year based on the production numbers they put out and the current demand... but they are being produced...

I saw one at a phoenix gunshow last month for $799... and that too sold by end of the day...

I got mine for 650+tax (WA) last November.
good luck...

A bit of real advice, ditch the under produced and overhyped ruler and get the Remington R1 Enhanced. Right now you will pay the same price for both, and the Remmy is light years ahead of the Ruger

A bit of real advice, ditch the under produced and overhyped ruler and get the Remington R1 Enhanced. Right now you will pay the same price for both, and the Remmy is light years ahead of the Ruger

not to argue with you, as everything is subjective, but my cousin has an R1 and we shot it side by side... I liked mine better and overall it shot pretty much the same. and he got his for a lot more than I paid for my sr1911.

granted an R1 is a better buy right now (since you can actually buy it)... but don't see what makes it light years ahead.. and I assume you're basing your opinion on personal ownership or actual firing of both weapons...

and yes, if you have to pay 800 dollars for a ruger 1911, might as well get a springfield stainless loaded or an R1 (I guess)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top