JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1022.jpg Hi I am just picking some minds to get some more info on a Ruger 10/22 T target not tactical. This is the model that has the factory .920 barrel and laminate stock not one that someone had pieced together. I looked at the Ruger site and Sug retail is $530 I have never seen one in a shop so is this a realistic price ? I have not seen a used one for sale either what would be a fair used price ? If someone is well versed on this model some of your knowledge would be greatly appreciated .:)

1022.jpg

You don't want a new one. They changed the finish on the barrels and the trigger housing to plastic. I have one that was a limited run and came in a Ruger branded Fajen legacy adjustable stock. The bolt is polished vs a regular 10/22. The trigger is a little lighter, but nothing impressive, and the hammer forged barrel looks cool, but isn't any more accurate than a $100 aftermarket barrel. If I had it to do over, I'd go custom on the cheapest 10/22 I found find.

Lots of car guys in this thread huh? Count me in. Who wanna race? As was said 400 bucks is about the average gun store price. I have the older stainless and grey lam stock one. I got it like 8 ish years ago for 400 funny the price never goes up on these.

If you can find the stainless version do it.

Only recommendation I can make is to bed the stock. It does not come free floated. After free floating I got closer to 1" at 100 yards.

Other than that every special part about this rifle has been covered above.

redy5eja.jpg

Have a custom build and a target with hammer forged barrel. Both shoot amazingly well. If buying the target used, make sure the trigger group hasn't been switched out for a standard carbine trigger by previous owner. Brimstone tier two trigger work (70 bucks) will bring those groups in tight! Haven't seen a new one for under 400 lately.
Thought the target barrel was free floating, will have to check this out. Thanks

If you can find the stainless version do it.

Only recommendation I can make is to bed the stock. It does not come free floated. After free floating I got closer to 1" at 100 yards.

Other than that every special part about this rifle has been covered above.

redy5eja.jpg

Did you piece yours together? I'm just wondering because your barrel and receiver are different colors.

Here's mine. I've done all the basic mods, and it's accurate. But I want 1/4" @ 50 yards. So eventually I'll have it rechambered and crowned. IMAG0125.jpg

Did you piece yours together? I'm just wondering because your barrel and receiver are different colors.

Here's mine. I've done all the basic mods, and it's accurate. But I want 1/4" @ 50 yards. So eventually I'll have it rechambered and crowned.

Nope. Ruger makes special editions for certain buyers. This one was a Sportsmans special.

IMAG0125.jpg

I have a fantastic one in stainless. I haven't seen one on a shelf since I bought mine in '03 though. I've given up trying to find another, especially since they switched to a plastic trigger group. I'm just going to build an old metal grouped 10/22 into an equal for the one I have now.

Mine will put all the bullets into a very small single hole at 50 meters, and I've gotten hits at 200 meters with it. That's after some good old Kentucky Windage though :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top