JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ruger 10/22 suppressed bull barrel or factory barrel does it matter matter? I know bull is more accurate but being suppressed is that gonna matter? Will I befit if I buy a bull barrel over havering the stock one threaded? I have a stock 16.5 inch barrel figured threading it would be cool keep gun light and have iron sights or spend the extra $75-$100 and get a bull that's already threaded who has what and do they like it? Which is more benfit and why?
Thanks

I have one with a bull barrel, the target model. No threading however. Shoots nice and because of the mass you can keep it stable and whatever recoil there might've been, it's probably less with the added weight.

A lot of the noise in a 10/22 comes from the bolt hitting the buffer. You can reduce the noise with a buffer like this: Bolt Buffer
So if you want a suppressor, I'd recommend looking into this as well. Compared to the cost of a suppressor, this'll be a small expense. :)

Ruger 10/22 suppressed bull barrel or factory barrel does it matter matter? I know bull is more accurate but being suppressed is that gonna matter?
Attaching a silencer only makes the gun longer and a bit heavier, it will not reduce the accuracy of a match barrel. My wife shoots her heavy barrel 10/22 out to 200 yards.

Will I befit if I buy a bull barrel over havering the stock one threaded?
If you plan on shooting at targets past 50 yards then get a better barrel no matter what it is.
I have a stock 16.5 inch barrel figured threading it would be cool keep gun light and have iron sights or spend the extra $75-$100 and get a bull that's already threaded who has what and do they like it? Which is more benfit and why?
Replacing the barrel is the easiest way to improve accuracy, the trigger is next. There are lighter weight bull barrels out there made from aluminum with a steel liner. I threaded my own bull barrel, weight was not important as my wife only shoots it from the bench. If she needs lighter weight I will chop the barrel down to about 10" after the SBR bill passes in WA.

Ranb

Ruger 10/22 suppressed bull barrel or factory barrel does it matter matter? I know bull is more accurate but being suppressed is that gonna matter? Will I befit if I buy a bull barrel over havering the stock one threaded? I have a stock 16.5 inch barrel figured threading it would be cool keep gun light and have iron sights or spend the extra $75-$100 and get a bull that's already threaded who has what and do they like it? Which is more benfit and why?
Thanks

Assuming I understand what you're asking....

The integrally suppressed 10/22 barrels are actually (functionally the same as) a 10" barrel with a 6" suppressor threaded onto the end. The difference being that it's all one piece to make a legal length.

The can will NOT effect the accuracy of the barrel as RANB stated.

Get the barrel that you want. I can not say if a "bull" barrel is better then the standard one for your situation. I have several factory barrels that have been threaded and I also have a Tacsol barrel on one.

What one do I like more for what? The Tacsol would look very funny on my pistol. My cut down pistol barrel would be illegal on any of my other receivers. The Tacsol is the right balance of weight and diameter to fit with my light weight build but would look funny on my "AK" underfolding build.

They each have their place and are not really interchangeable.

The key is use the barrel you want for the set up you are building. If you are ok with the looks and the accuracy of the stock barrel thread it. If you are looking for more accuracy or a different style then find the barrel you want making sure it is either threaded or can be threaded.

I am not sure what your project is but keep in mind if you go with larger diameter barrel you will either need to work over your stock to fit it or get a new one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top