JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking of getting the new Ruger 10/22 Takedown. Mostly for just plinking and targets for me and the Supreme Commander (not necessairly in that order :) )

Also thinking about putting a scope on it. Any suggestions for the scope??
I don't have anything now with a scope. I'm generally a shotgun and handgun person. So really know almost nothing about scopes. Just seems to be the fun thing to do with the Ruger.

Any help and suggestions apprecaited.

I sold my 10/22 but I had Nikon's Prostaff 3-9X40 "rimfire" BDC scope on it and I was very impressed. That BDC reticle works really really well. I'll buy another one in a heart beat for the next 10/22 I build up. Nikon is running a $30 rebate on them right now as well. Fisherman's has them in stock for sure.

I second the Nikon Prostaff rimfire 3-9X rimfire with 150 BDC. I went thru a couple of cheaper scopes on my 10/22 until I finally invested the money on the Nikon. Well worth the cost. The cheaper scopes I had just laying around and put them on while I tried to find the "perfect scope." The Nikon is a great scope for a 10/22. The BDC works well with the CCI 36 grain hollow points or Federal 36 grain hollow point bulk box. I am happy with my purchase and wish I had bought it sooner.

I was gonna put the bdc 150 on my 10/22 but every one was sold out and they were on backorder. This was a couple months ago. I went with the mueller apv 4.5-14. It came highly recommended and has been a great scope so far. Lifetime warranty as well...

When I was younger I never ever thought about putting a scope on my little .22. Now the front sight is fuzzy unless I change glasses, then I can't see anything past the end of the barrel. Looks strange when an old guy is shooting a rifle at 7 yards with the pistol guys. At least I know where my shot placement is when the barrel is hitting the target! Yea, I think it is time to get a scope.
Mike

Nikon hands down. Have many of the new models. Love them all. But it does depend on the kind of shooting you do. P-22 BDC for quick hold over (sage rats) or that P-22 with dial in turrets is awesome for targets at known distance. Have the latter on a CZ 452 .22lr. Its a freakin target machine. Also have the 3x9 Rimfire on my .17 HMR's and bdc works great.For the money Mueller is the only other and its a bit big for your 10/22, just my 2cents.

I'd probably buy a decent, but not overly expensive fixed scope for a 10-22. The 10-22 that I had ended up a Simmons Deerstalker 4x on it. (yeah, that was a long time ago!) The other 22 rifle we have I put a similar scope on it. My nephew put some cheapo 3-9 rimfire scope on his and is very happy. Good glass is very nice, but how often are you going to be shooting at long distance and with low lighting? Also, the recoil, or lack there of, will not cause you grief.

ps. I would stay away from the BSA "Sweet" series of scopes. Crappy eye relief range and not that impressive. You can do far better for the money.

There was a shootin session i had a couple weeks ago. My buddy had a Burno with a tasco special. Huge variable mind you. About 10 minutes before dark he nor i could see anything through it. I picked up my ruger with the nikon and it was daylight all over again. My buddy said. Man i need to get a nikon too. Nuff said.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

even though there appears to be some anti Tasco love here..

I roll tasco on both of my 22's. My Marlin 60 and 10/22.
I have no need for a scope that's as expensive as the gun it's self nor do I want a cheap Simmons that I'm worried about holding a zero even on airsoft.

All about how much you want to spend.....

Either way, all BS aside, find a scope that deals in rimfire. (i've had a sweet 17 on my HMR, a sweet 22 on my... 22. They were accurate and adjustable for distance.)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top