JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Ruger 10-22 Takedown is sweet and turns out she's a tack driver as is, but I want to put a magnified optic on it if I can to do plinking or small game hunting at 100 yds or so.

My eyesight isn't getting any better, so I'd like some decent magnification if I can get it.

I picked up a scope that mounted fine but then realized I can't take down the rifle because the rear sight got hung up on the 42mm (or so) objective lens housing. I went with a 30mm and it takes down just fine.

BUT, since the scope is over a foot long it dangles off the front of the receiver portion and it won't fit back into the cool bag that comes with the rifle. And being a really big guy at 6'7" shouldering a small rifle like this that the scope tends to need to be way far forward to get decent eye relief.

I see three options and am looking for suggestions:

1) Find a shorter scope than the current 3x9x32 I have on there. Current one is just over 12" and it looks like 10" might be the max. Poking around Optics Planet and other sources I'm coming up short (pardon the pun).

2) Scale back on magnification - I believe they make 4x scopes that tend to be very compact. They might actually be a red dot type tactical scope - I'm not familiar with them.

3) Use the slightly larger rifle case I picked up for the KSG and just deal with it.

Options? Suggestions?

Thanks....

Option #4 Quick detach rings, scope comes off and fits in the pocket next to the barrel.
I'm using Warne QD rings on mine with a 3x9 nikon.

Nikon makes a small 3x scope, the P223. Fit on mine pretty good and I've been happy with it.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products/product/null/p-223-3x32-matte-bdc-carbine.html

IMG_0463_zpsooatkaqc.jpg

I use Leupold QR rings, on mine, work excellent, medium height on 3x9x40 Nikon, on and off accuracy is excellent. I use them on other guns, same result. Highly recommended. You can get them in 30 mm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top