Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger 10/22 receiver

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Ironbar, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Since there have been no replies to my WTB thread in the classifieds, I'll ask here. Are there stock 10/22 receivers out there to be had anywhere? I'm aware that this is a serial part and is treated just like buying a complete rifle, but I cannot seem to locate anything besides aftermarket receivers like Kidd and Volquartsen. Buying one of those would be more expensive than buying a brand new complete Ruger rifle!

Thank you!

etrain16 likes this.
  2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I've looked around myself before - I've only found them at one place so far:

http://www.shootersdiscount.com/car...le-receiver-smooth-black-polished-finish.html

At about $110 shipped, I'd do one of two things - buy a Nodak Spud for $165 (I like it better than the original) or just buy the cheapest 10/22, maybe a used one, and strip the receiver out. You're definitely not saving much by going with the OEM receiver. I've thought about swapping out the receiver on my 10/22 with a Spud at some point.

Personally, I'd try a used or low price new 10/22, take off the barrel and stock and sell those separately. Probably work out okay depending on your original cost.

3. broncman

broncman E. of Portland yet to close! Quality Control!

From what I have seen a used ruger 10/22 receiver will cost you around 100+ so it is nearly just as cost effective to buy a new rifle while on sale.
    What sort of rifle you making?

JDAVIS likes this.
  4. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

These are so simple, are there plans to mill your own?

5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter