JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I took my nephews out shooting while they were visiting last week and my 10/22 slide malfunctioned. I looked over at one of my nephews and he was trying (and unfortunately succeeding) to force the slide back. Well now it seems really bound up, won't close all the way and will barely move forward or back. This rifle has less than 1000 rounds down it so I would like to get it fixed if possible....

Anyone know of a good 10/22 gunsmith? I am afraid to take it apart myself even though I have broke it down all the way to clean it a couple times. This just seems like it may be a can of worms to open it up....

Thanks in advance!

Most likely something is caught between the receiver and the bolt. Just take it down as normal and clean it, you'll most likely find what is binding it up.

10/22's are really easy to work on, sounds like the rod got bent or something got wedged under the action. I'm not a gunsmith but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn! If you get down by Tigard I'd be happy to tear it down for you. Gary

10/22's are really easy to work on, sounds like the rod got bent or something got wedged under the action. I'm not a gunsmith but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn! If you get down by Tigard I'd be happy to tear it down for you. Gary

Same offer only closer. I even have an extra guide rod we can put in it if you need. Shoot me a PM if you want to come over and tinker with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top