JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i took it out shooting last weekend and it did not seem to do it as much but still did do it a couple times, i did notice also on the ones that did not go off that the strike was at the very top corner so it looks like only half or a quarter of the firing pin actually hit it.
so pinning it might just solve my problem

i have already ordered the heavy hammer spring but i do not plan on putting it in right away, i think i will take it out a few more times to see if it will shoot better after it get it broken in.
i will also most likely try pinning the firing pin if it keeps up if i can get access to a drill press..

if you are going to attempt pinning yourself. i would highly recommend the purchase of a solid carbide, stubby drill bit. the material the bolt is made of is fairley hard and high speed drills do not really cut it. you must also make sure that you set up is good and solid so you dont end up breaking your drill of. i do them in a bridgeport mill, which makes the process go much smoother.

Replacing the spring is a good move, but i thought the factory pin is a tapered end . I know i have seen some aftermarket pins with a 'full' end , increasing the contact area. You can then tweak it by removing/tapering it yourself if you like. :huh:

I had similar troubles with a 10/22 so I went through it and clean and lubed it; added an extended mag release at the same time. Now 200-250 CCI rounds and no issues. It is just so smooth now compared to before, really a huge difference.

For $3 I might replace that hammer spring at some point. Being a rookie at doing any type of gunsmith work, I was surprised how easy it was to clean/lube the 10/22 (thanks You Tube). If I knew how easy it was I wouldn't have waited 18 years lol.

Funny thing is a RO at TCGC told me you never want to clean or lube a 10/22. He said they never need it. Hmm. Judging from what I saw, I believe that statement was incorrect.

Even if I had to pay more, I'd get a bone stock one from the 70's. I have one and it will shoot anything. Also, it's finished nicer and has nicer wood.

Didn't Ruger start putting a bunch of plastic parts in those a few years ago?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top