JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, so I just purchased a Tactical Innovations skeleton charging handle for my 10/22. The only problem is that I cannot for the life of me get it to pull back. This happened with the old charging handle and I was hoping this one wouldn't bind on me but alas it is binding and its even worse.

The stock one can go back after some fiddling with the pressure on the "base" of the handle near the rod but nothing I do will make this new one loosen up and pull back. After spending around $40 for this thing I'm kinda ticked.

Any pointers?

I'm not familiar with that unit. It is most likely a captured unit as is the factory one. They can bind up when fully extended. I prefer the non- captured Kidd Charger Handle, rod, and spring because it doesn't do what you just described and is the smoothest and slickest I've tried.

Pull the spring first to relieve pressure then move the charging handle down to the desired assembly position.

Mechanically it cannot slide freely by pulling on the handle. This places it in a bind. It must be fully supported in the bolt body to hold it square to the recoil spring guide rod. To draw it back for assembly try grasping it right at the spring. Once in place and the handle locked in the bolt it should run right.

I dont know all the proper names for these parts so bear with me. I had this problem with mine or at least a similar problem. So on the trigger assembly there is a pin that holds the bolt release and another thin peice of metal. That thin piece of metal needs to be forward and in the groove at the front of the trigger block. I had mine folded back next to the striker and it stuck quite a bit but other than that the gun worked. when I could cock it... This probably wasnt any help but good luck...

Hi Boxer13,
Is the cocking handle in the bolt right, it should be in the bolt at 90%. Check it out the bolt and the cocking handle is not in the gun right. Take the cocking handle and bolt out of the gun and put them together out side the gun so you can see how it fits and should go together. If you need more help and are coming down to Portland, Oregon Email me. I'll take a look at it.
Hope this helps,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top