Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger 10-22 / Butler Creek Speed Loader / Ruger Mags

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Aero Denezol, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol Salem Active Member

Does anyone know if the Butler Creek Speed Loader works w/ the Ruger 25 rd mags? Or, does it only work w/ the Butler Creek mags?

Thank you in advance.

2. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

It didn't work with mine. Which sucks - the speed loader is nice and the Ruger mags are much nicer than the Butler Creek mags.

I didn't spend a bunch of time fiddling with it though. It might be possible to get it to work.

3. Aero Denezol

Thanks. That is a bummer. The speed loader is the greatest thing ever... I guess I'm sticking to Butler Creek mags.

4. markmx

markmx Brooks, OR Member

My Butler Creek Speed Loader works great with my new Ruger mags

5. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. I just tried it again and it did work. Don't know what happened the last time but I had it in my mind that it didn't work. It is smoother with a Butler Creek but it still worked with the Ruger.

Sorry for the confusion.

6. Aero Denezol

Very nice.. I've been eyeballing those Ruger mags for some time now. They look sturdy.

7. cyclesurvival

cyclesurvival Vancouver Well-Known Member

I kept looking online and it seems the rugers are allways sold out. but got lucky and WHOLESALE SPORTS had them in stock last week. I also had a $20 off coupon so price was right. Now if I can just get out and shoot.

8. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

I have never seen the Ruger mags sold out. Wholesale Sports, Fisherman's and just about every magazine table at the gun show. They are so much better than the Butler Creek plastic mags. My BC loader hangs up every now and then. My buddies works like a top. Maybe I need a new loader. Once you use the loader, it's hard to go back. Even if you have to load them by hand, the Ruger mags are so much better that I would rather toss my loader than give up my Ruger mags. It's a shame that Bill Ruger had to die before we could get so much cool stuff. The SR556, SR1911 and 25 round 10/22 mags. The old man never would have let those things happen. Kip.

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

The Ruger BX-25 and the Butler Creek loader is the combination I use. I've got some Steel Lips mags but don't plan on buying any more.