JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone Anchored the reciever on their Ruger 10/22? (or other similar rifle)

RimfireCentral has thread on anchored receiver Says its better than Bedding. Is this true Anyone done this, recomend it?

Anchored Receiver - RimfireCentral.com Forums

I plan to sand out stock under barrel to "float" the barrel than do this OR bedd the stock just seems to be less area on the 1022 reciever to bed it.

(First rifle so thanks for Bearing with me!)

A properly bedded 10/22 is rock solid. The anchors look like crap IMHO. The stock needs a pilar added around the take down bolt for the bedding to work. You also have to relieve material around the ledge that the reciever sits on. This will give the bedding something to "bite" into. I also drilled small holes to give even more area for the bedding to anchor to.

Here is a pretty good how to: <Ruger 10/22 help site>

Awesome Thank you! i think it looks stupid too and seems like the lazy way out. But if its really better than I prob would do it. However I think I will just take your advice and take my time bedding it. Any suggestions for bedding material and release agent? I heard of ppl using JB weld and shoe polish but seems it would take alot of jb weld and I dont wanna risk permanatly gluing my receiver in the stock. I have the Stock stock (lol) I will practice on and than when I am comfortable and confident I will Bedd my boyd's Evolution stock as well.

What product is most cost effective? Is the JB weld worth while or should I use a "proper" bedding kit? (and if so whats a "good" brand thats not overpriced?) also from a store I dont do online buying.

This is my 1st time doing this however I am good with my hands and working with both wood and metal so its well within my skill level I just wanna be sure to do it right the first time w/o ruining my rifle

Pinning the receiver and trigger group together with set screws is a mod I've been doing for years, running the pins through the stock is different to say the least.

The 10/22 stock and hold down makes pillar bedding fairly easy. Here's a home made pillar I use for the 10/22.

PICT0002Medium-1.jpg

This eliminates the wood from the hold down so the hold down pressure remains consistent regardless of environmental conditions. Add epoxy bedding across the rear of the receiver and a floated barrel you well have a good shooting rifle.

JB Weld works fine for bedding, use a lot of parting agent, show polish works. The commercial bedding kits have dye to color the bedding epoxy as it may show in some applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the both the bedding kits and devcon. They both worked well. I think the kits make it easier but the deccon seems stronger. You can use play doh or modelers clay to keep bedding out of places. Clear kiwi shoe polish or silicone spray makes a good release agent.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top