JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
perfect timing for this thread I been thinking bout something like this.

So... Can you buy a stripped ruger "10/22 charger" (its the pistol 10/22) and use a donar 10/22 for the guts. Custom cut the wood stock add pistol grip and cut and recrown barrel to 12" plus a few personal touches like trigger, extended handle or watever you want...

Will all the parts work for it and is this legel or not? Its technically a "pistol" right, because the reciever is a 10/22 charger which is classified as a pistol. No bribe to pay and no 6 months to wait and massive head ache

<broken link removed>

Would be nice except for the whopping $802 price (dealers will have it for about $700). Was reading that this ST-22 is new and improved; uses nickel plating, etc. Those that have a registered lower and want a .22lr upper could do worse.

The "bribe" is in order to have a stock, otherwise why not just get a charger?? I don't see the point in buying two 10/22's, to accomplish what the Charger already has. Unless I'm missing something in your post.

perfect timing for this thread I been thinking bout something like this.

So... Can you buy a stripped ruger "10/22 charger" (its the pistol 10/22) and use a donar 10/22 for the guts. Custom cut the wood stock add pistol grip and cut and recrown barrel to 12" plus a few personal touches like trigger, extended handle or watever you want...

Will all the parts work for it and is this legel or not? Its technically a "pistol" right, because the reciever is a 10/22 charger which is classified as a pistol. No bribe to pay and no 6 months to wait and massive head ache

I bought this carbon fiber stock on Ebay. Strong as metal, weighs 1.2 lbs. That, plus an SBX barrel should make a great little plinker. Non-NFA of course for now.

Capture.JPG

Fits BULL and Standard Barrels as the stock only reaches past the reciever about 1".

The quality is AAA+.

Carbon Fiber Construction (same as bushmaster carbon 15 material)

Ultra light 1lb 2oz.

Very tight lock up with no play and two sling attachment points.

Storage compartments, plug is removed in stock tube to reviel another storage compartment.

Capture.JPG

Hate to be naïve, but the more I learn, the more questions I have, re: serial numbers, engraving, the order of transactions, definitions.

Who can outline the necessary steps (and proper order) to convert a standard 10/22 into a folding stock pistol/rifle with a 6-8" barrel, threaded for a silencer?

** A side question at this point: If I simply add a rifle stock to a standard short legal pistol, then does it become NFA requiring "the bribe?"

Back to the 10/22 idea, ATF becomes mandatory at what stage, with what pieces, serial numbers, etc?

Can I get a stock barrel cut and threaded? Or must I buy a separate barrel?

What needs to be engraved, etc?

Thanks for helping me get the steps clarified guys. 6-7 months is a long time if I don't need to do it, or worse, if I do it out of order.

Buy a 10/22, print out Copies of Form 1 and necessary forms from ATF website, submit and wait. ONCE APPROVED you can swap barrels for a short "charger" barrel, or have yours cut and threaded. You can not add a stock to a handgun without making it an SBR (for most part).

You engrave the receiver. 6-7 months is a long time waiting, but 10 years with Bubba is much worse

Thanks iamme. Old to guns. New to intrusive Federal restrictions on the same rifle I already own - just shorter.

Engraving the receiver comes before/after the 6-7 month wait? What must I have engraved on there? I can look that up.

I agree about the 10-year thing. My GF would be jealous if I ended up married to the guy with all the cigarettes.

Manufacturer info is engraved- in case of a form 1 that's you. You can engrave whenever but a lot of people do it before , on the if chance engraving gets screwed up you're out a receiver. If that happens after paperwork you're stuck with it.

You may want to consider having a friendly local FFL/SOT help you and do a Form 4 instead. It will cost you more on this one but- you'll have someone there to help you every step of the way. And another advantage (to some) is the engraving- since they are the manufacturer it will be engraved with their info not yours and can A) look nicer (subjective) and B) help re-sale should the need ever arise.

go home built! 80% recievers are available! build it as you wish engrave it with the date, "pistol", and your name and a SN you make up.

Tell the guy with Q's about possible SBR and your answer is to go home built engrave pistol (which is irrelevant reguardless) and build as he wishes?? Yeah bad advice. 80% are available yep, just need the tools to finish them as well.

<broken link removed>

Would be nice except for the whopping $802 price (dealers will have it for about $700). Was reading that this ST-22 is new and improved; uses nickel plating, etc. Those that have a registered lower and want a .22lr upper could do worse.
On sale now for $640 or so but still not as good as the stainless cmmg kit and a 4.5" barrel that will keep most hi velocity ammo subsonic.
You can build a better upper for less or the same in cost
upper if you shop around $75
Stainless cmmg kit $220
Barrel $150 or less
a Spikes hand guard $172
charge handle $20

... have a look at rimfirecentral.com; lots of ideas, thoughts, pics ...

Like this (not mine):
Boyd's Blaster Stock+12.5" barrel+Leupold+SRT can+Norrell trigger pack
boydsblasterstockmodifiedwithleupoldand125inchbarrel_zpseacb435e.jpg

Close up
SRTcanNorrellregdtriggerpack1225barrel_zps779d4fd9.jpg

Looking at the other side:
rightside_zps53e0fc23.jpg

Or this Archangel Promag stock with unknown modifications...
archangelpromaggreenstock_zps7d78c9d1.jpg

... really there's no limit to the $$ or imagineering ...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top