JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys,

I'm about to go ahead and buy a Swiss K31, but this will be my first time ordering out-of-state / online.

What exactly are the steps involved here? I know I need to find an FFL, but it's specifically one that will accept FFL shipments from an individual, right?

So, do I contact the FFL first, get that cleared up, and then pass the FFL's info onto the seller/shipper?

Lastly, any recommendations in the SW Portland area for an FFL that will take a shipment from an individual?

If you obtained a Curios & Relics FFL you could have it shipped directly to you . The C&R Lic is only $30 and is pretty easy to get. Otherwise you need to get an FFL dealer to accept it. I would contact an FFL first. IN the meantime go get your C&R Lic.

Guys,

I'm about to go ahead and buy a Swiss K31, but this will be my first time ordering out-of-state / online.

What exactly are the steps involved here? I know I need to find an FFL, but it's specifically one that will accept FFL shipments from an individual, right?

So, do I contact the FFL first, get that cleared up, and then pass the FFL's info onto the seller/shipper?

Lastly, any recommendations in the SW Portland area for an FFL that will take a shipment from an individual?
As Python said, the license is $30. It is good for 3 years and is relatively easy and quick to get. If you go this route DON'T SIGN THE ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!! Let me repeat that - DON'T! SIGN! THE! ORIGINAL! It doesn't hurt for you to sign it, but when you send copies they must be signed as well, not a copy of your signature. You can get duplicates, but they cost for each one. I forget the exact particulars, but to order C&R you need to send a copy of your license with a signature (not copied) and then the seller can send the firearm directly to you (C&R eligible firearms ONLY!). I am pretty sure that any such shipment will need to require an adult, non-prohibited person's signature upon receipt.

I am not an attorney of any sort so do your own homework or consult a real attorney for clarification.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top