JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had scope mounted at brightwater took it to the range came loose in the rings. Took it back was told scope was installed by gunsmith correctly and if somethingcomes loose again its the mount. Mount is larue. Pirchased troy ind. Mcs m14 upgrade took it to the range and shot 8 inches high made front sight post adjustments on buis nominal shift in impact. Also had 3 light strikes and the entire trigger fell out 4 times and or came unhooked. On the light strikes i was told pmc has extra hard primers. After complaining and sending brightwater employee email which he posted on this blog he was extremely Rude and told me to go to another store and to get my stuff and dont come back while i was in acu's. This was two weapons in a row which had problems after brightwater installed something on them.

Welcome to the board! I know it's no fun when your boomsticks don't go boom or hit what you're intending to hit. I think you were (understandably) upset when you wrote the post a above and I'm having a hard time following what the problem is. From what I can understand, here is what I think:

I have seen two instances of Larue mounts working themselves loose. You might try using witness marks with paint or nail polish to see if this is happening.

The Troy should have no effect on the light strikes observed. I've never shot PMC out of my M1A in a EBR stock, but it's shot everything I've fed it. Mostly milsurp. I can't remember how the Troy chassis mounts to the upper receiver, but I can't imagine it would affect the bolt and trigger group interface. This might truly be a problem with PMC ammo or require the rifle to be sent to the vendor or a qualified gunsmith. I would try some different ammo first.

Can you tell more about the front sights?

RD8

Front sight post was elevated 3 full rotations with only small shift in impact maybe inch they are troy buis that came on chasis. Also screws that hold receiver in stock were hand tight so i was told after supposedly were torqued to factory spec. Dont get me wrong i am a little mad. I have a little experience with military weapons semi auto, full auto belt fed, and larger 75mm 105mm and 155mm. It just seems to me according to some individuals its always the weapon or mount/stock or the customer that has something wrong not the installer/gunsmith.

Well i am no expert but if the trigger group keeps falling out of the stock and is not seated properly could that cause the hammer to short cycle or not follow through all the way in return causing light strike ?

I have Sent the chasis back to troy they were extremely nice. The chasis has what appears to be a small crack by the ejection port area if thats what you call it on m14? I had a machinist, welder, and other local gun shop owner all say in their opinion chasis was cracked. I will let troy make the determination. Thx for the input on the ammo i will take three different manufacturers next time. i have never had a problem with pmc hornady or american eagle in my dpms lr 308. If my sr25/ar10 variant eats it i didnt think an m14 would have the slightest, but who knows ?

If the trigger is falling out of the stock, I'd suspect that something is impairing the trigger guard from locking securely into place....possibly the stock. Glad Troy is taking care of you. I agree that the ammo shouldn't be a problem, but if your trigger group is falling out or is loose, you're probably not getting the best hammer to firing pin contact. I'd suspect this as the likely culprit of your light strikes.

I am not an employee, I am the owner... I told you not to come back because you had cost me too much money with your constant returns and backing out or changing your mind over and over on special order items. The stock isn't cracked... It is a line from the mold they use that didn't get cleaned up at the factory... I was tired of you arguing with me and emailing me at 2am telling me I'm incompetent... So I asked you not to comeback. By the way I told is customer no less than 5 times that the trigger falling out was due to an adjustment that needed to be made with 2 little allen screws in the stock. It doesn't matter if you are wearing acu's or look like a bum... If you are rude to me, won't listen to me, and tell me I'm incompetent, then I'm going to tell you to leave and never come back. Period.

I am not taking sides since I was not part of this situation, but I will say it is pretty hard to get thrown out of Brightwater. I am always annoying (and I do usually look like a bum) and I have not been thrown out yet. :)

The only special order item i didnt purchase was iphone cases, i was told not to worry about it because other customers inquiring about them. Besides the phone cases i purchased ubr stock 6 pmags and 3 rail panels. swapped the Troy sling cause it didnt fit. And i didnt order that sling, it was already in the shop, the rail mounted sling swivels werent special order either. expert on m14 takes 6 hours to dissasemble scout squad and 5 days to put in the troy stock But have installed 10 troy mcs's. Springfield sells the tool for 29 bucks, yet Individual claims fabricated it and it cost 60. And complaining about not making that much money off of me is redicoulous, i dont set the prices the shop does. When everything somebody installs on two different rifles in a row Has problems i am going to question their competence. And how about them extra hard pmc primers, that m14's have a hard time igniting. Oh i almost forgot about the trijicon accupoint that a certain individual reccommended that i go through larue. Then individual doubles back and criticises me for not purchasing it through them. Never had a problem with any other gun store. Even if the stock isnt cracked 1,000 bucks is alot for a stock that comes with cosmetic imperfections. Thats just my two cents i understand i can be difficult to deal with i am not perfect nor claim to be and if i woke anybody from a email at 2 in the morning. Thats after i spent all evening on the internet looking up why my thousand dollar stock isnt working.

Oh and i forgot about the ns's for the 1911 that i was originally quoted for around 120 then later informed that they were 180. But thats my fault also sorry.

That's because you were quoted for fixed combat style and needed bomar style night sights... Big price difference! If you knew your gun that wouldn't have happened! Please just give up on this one... I clearly run a crappy shop, quit wasting your time on here that you told me was so precious and go back to looking for a new shop to go to. I wasn't able to accommodate your needs, end of story. Sorry, and best of luck finding what you need. I'm sure warren at the gun room will take care of you.

Now that is a place I HAVE been thrown out of...twice. Once for pointing out he was charging 20% OVER MSRP for a Colt 1911 and once for telling him he was full of it when he was telling me how a certain company allows him to choose his own billets and hand makes a special product for him. I know the company's chief rep and they have no idea who he even is.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top