JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What kind of sign are these pics? These are not like any deer rubs Im used to seeing, trees much larger in diameter and look more like scratches than rubbing marks.
Bear? Cougar?

1018201644_wm.jpg

1025201115_wm.jpg

Were there any farther up the tree? Elk usually rub like this , but also usually go up higher and they are very aggressive when doing so.

Were there any farther up the tree? Elk usually rub like this , but also usually go up higher and they are very aggressive when doing so.
No further up the tree, the lever gun for scale... these marks were low to the ground. I'd consider deer at best but this is way too low for an elk.

I think these are bear claws... I thought they scratched trees for a reason I cant recall, though I just dont have any knowledge of their habits truly know.

Bear is usually much rougher looking like this.

Haven't seen bear markings since living in Nevada. Was this in Oregon? Where about a?

Bear is usually much rougher looking like this.

Haven't seen bear markings since living in Nevada. Was this in Oregon? Where about a?
Im still leaning its bear but Ive no real experience with this. This is in Oregon, Wilson unit where I hunt for deer.

Im still leaning its bear but Ive no real experience with this. This is in Oregon, Wilson unit where I hunt for deer.
I've heard bear exist in Tillamook forest, never scene anything like this or any bears. I've been around that forest some...

I've heard bear exist in Tillamook forest, never scene anything like this or any bears. I've been around that forest some...
Lots of bears in the coast range, its a weird phenomenon to me though... Ive never physically seen one n the coast range, yet Ive seen several in Eastern Oregon. I find their scat all the time though, and I finally caught one on my game cam. Photo sequence showed him walking up to the cam sniffing it and tried to tear it off. Broke one of the mounts I found the cam half cockeyed on the tree. JB weld fixed it up. Rascally bear.

If anyone has any tips for an ameture to hunt coastal bears Im all ears. I dont tecnically hunt them but do have a tag in case I see one thru the deer season.

(old pic...)
1606616128724.png