JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eh, I don't think I'll be converted. At least two companies already make (or made) a poly frame 1911. STI and Wilson Combat KZ-45.
As someone above noted, if you're going to change it, at least increase the capacity, which both STI and KZ-45 do.

Last Edited:
I am not sure it would be for me as the 1911 should be steel. However, I have one with a Ti frame and want one with aluminium so why not plastic. It would save some weight and should be simple to clean and should offer inexpensive manufacturing which may keep the price point down for budget minded shoppers. RRA use to make some of the nicest 1911's on the market. Bet they sell a ton of them to generatin Glock.

RRA did make some arguably some of the NICEST 1911's before. I think it's a great concept- weight savings while maintaining the 1911 ergos/parts. It is hard to see a plastic 1911 and smile, well STI is an exception but that's their gig!!

I just can't get my head around a Polymer frame 1911. That being said, if the polymer technology of today had been around when John Browning was alive, he probably would have looked at utilizing it.

Have you ever shot an STI out of curiosity?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the only polymer used in the STI's was the mainspring housing and the trigger in some models. Does STI make an all polymer frame 1911?

BTW, I seriously considered buying an STI a year or so back. I have heard they are awesome 1911's for the money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top